Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they've given Foden a couple of sub appearances in CL games and that's about it.

There's no basis to promote and nurture though, as you said. Why do that when you can buy a top player from another club to hit the ground running?

Exactly they will never give a young player time to develop. Foden will be loaned out never to be seen again. They can spout all they like about the great things the corrupt shieks are doing but none of it will develop English players unless they change their approach. Have no time for teams like this.

They were prepared to pay 50 m plus for a 6 week replacement for Sane and spent 30/40 m on a spare full back
Says it all , surely there are one or two in the academy ready to step up if given a chance
There no doubt is. That's too time consuming though. They may as well close their academy down.

Exactly they will never give a young player time to develop. Foden will be loaned out never to be seen again. They can spout all they like about the great things the corrupt shieks are doing but none of it will develop English players unless they change their approach. Have no time for teams like this.

Doesn’t necessarily have to be local or even English young lads.
Just someone from the academy that the fans can relate to

I honestly dont watch their live games. It's pointless. They play brilliantly and win? What a surprise.

No spectacle whatsoever.

Doesn’t necessarily have to be local or even English young lads.
Just someone from the academy that the fans can relate to
I honestly dont watch their live games. It's pointless. They play brilliantly and win? What a surprise.

No spectacle whatsoever.

They are making this league a joke and all round weaker with the money they are spending. Utd to to a certain extent.

We all slag off the French and Dutch teams when one team runs away with the league every year.
The same thing is going to happen in England
City will romp home every year
It will become a race for 2/3/4 spot with the other 2/3 battling for minor places and then the best of the rest trophy

They are making this league a joke and all round weaker with the money they are spending. Utd to to a certain extent.

Yet clubs like West Ham and Southampton make more money than all but 3 La Liga teams and all but 3 Bundesliga teams which begs the question what are they doing with it?

Without the top players that the likes of City and United bring in I can guarantee that the PL TV money would not be as high as it is now which is what allows the aforementioned clubs to achieve such high comparative revenues.

Yet clubs like West Ham and Southampton make more money than all but 3 La Liga teams and all but 3 Bundesliga teams which begs the question what are they doing with it?

Without the top players that the likes of City and United bring in I can guarantee that the PL TV money would not be as high as it is now which is what allows the aforementioned clubs to achieve such high comparative revenues.

Thanks.

So we should all be thankful to you and united for ruining the game and for having Skys tongue buried deep within your collective back passages

Can't wait for the day it all goes tits up tv money wise. There's many of us fed up with this circus.

So we should all be thankful to you and united for ruining the game and for having Skys tongue buried deep within your collective back passages

You can be thankful if you like but that's not the point I'm making, City and United spending money is not making the league weaker though, that doesn't even make any sense.

You can be thankful if you like but that's not the point I'm making, City and United spending money is not making the league weaker though, that doesn't even make any sense.
The top 6 who traditionally were regarded as being in the mix for the league title on opening day is now becoming the top 1 or possibly 2
The rest are doing what Arsenal settled for years ago ie a top 4 spot
Once the sheiks don’t get bored City will dominate the league for years to come

Come on guys, not city's fault our club don't have a clue or the clout to get some top players in. Anyone who's has to tolerate Utd for an entire lifetime should be entitled to a day in the bloody Sun! City spend ridiculous yes, but if you actually like footy, you like watching the current city side. Ideally it'd be a more level playing field but it's not, & our club helped make it this skewed by voting for the premiership.

Well it kind of does doesn't it. You spend ridiculous amounts of money to become stronger, money only a few other clubs can just about keep pace with, and the rest pick up the scraps and in essence become weaker. Have you seen the league table? From 7th down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back