• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. What a night. Well worth £75 of my hard earned. Two wins and no goals conceded at the new place.

When Hugo saved that Pen (his 3rd in a row btw) I thought we might nick it.

Amazing atmosphere, and a cracking win.

Shame about Harry but Sonaldo will step up to the plate.

Our name is on the cup....

Don't think any side is stopping Messi in this seasons Champions League mate. He looks on a mission.

So tell me: a defender accidently handballs on the goal line. No pen because he didn't mean to stop a goal?

I got into this argument last year on here during the world cup. A handball is a handball. Leaving it up to discretion only leaves room for bad calls. I agree with you, but at the time no agreed with me on here. A handball is a handball. I hate this intent stuff regarding a handball.

Do you trust him though mate ?

He's got a mistake in a team selection coming I dread.

I thought most already said today his squad selection was bad. Maybe that's telling of what will go forward. Perhaps it's arrogance, but I trust them to get atleast a victory at home in the second leg.

I'll admit I'm biased. I was raised a Bayern fan and the few years Pep was there was a high point for them and essentially the national team. I'm a huge fan of him as a manager. I don't know if he'll get through the league but I think he'll get through Tottenham.

City should still win comfortably at home, shame as id like Spurs to make it to Champs League final.

Their fans are annoying. After the guy ran on the field with the ball in city's possession in the 90th minute they deserve to lose.

Stiffer penalties should be handed out to teams who fail to control the crowd. It happens way too often.

1. You haven't answered my point; and

2. His arm was raised, it wasn't a natural position...

I did answer it. Because the whole point is interpretation based on what the rules say. So if you don't have context you don't have a basis to make a decision. Which is where VAR fails.

Rose has slid in to block the ball. Unless he dives in like a torpedo with his arms by his side (which is more unnatural) then his arms are natural to his movement. And as he wasn't directing his arms to the ball to stop it, it's not handball.

As pointed out...go look at the RS handball shout that wasn't given which is a more unnatural position than the Rose penalty

And the whole "he blocked a shot on target therefore it gets more scrutiny" is complete rubbish. Why would say a cross into the box be put under less scrutiny?

I got into this argument last year on here during the world cup. A handball is a handball. Leaving it up to discretion only leaves room for bad calls. I agree with you, but at the time no agreed with me on here. A handball is a handball. I hate this intent stuff regarding a handball.

The 'intent stuff' is literally written into the rules.

I think the fact here is that rose has been interpreted to have intended to make his body bigger. There was no need for him to go to ground so that's not a legitimate excuse.

Quite surprised how snide and dirty City were to be honest. Didn't really expect it.

Pleased that everyone (not refererring to GOT) has written us off already in the second leg.

No lose situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back