Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you obviously dislike Rice for a non-footballing reason, but he has proven for his club this season that he can dictate games from a deeper midfield position. The players are not the issue this time around, the manager is. He’s an easy target because he’s massively out of his depth and his career will reflect that.
I think Rice is very good - at what he does. I have no reason to dislike him whatsoever. I'm not a nationalist. But Rice is not a Xavi, Modric, or Kroos. He's not a Scholes. He's a water carrier who has nobody to carry for. I simply think if there is a flaw in this English set-up, it's not just sitting on the bench. Until you find that creative dictator in the middle of the field, then I think you are in the margin of error - and, yes, the manager comes under even more focus then.

No idea what Connor Gallagher is meant to do on a football pitch, no idea at all.
Duracell plopper. Gets in everyone’s way, dives in and gets rinsed by the opposition, passes the ball BEHIND his teammates… He’s another Mount because he’s great at pressing and getting around the pitch but has absolutely no quality on the ball whatsoever. He’s Southgate’s wettest dream… look at him run…

I’m still loling at him leaving Cole Palmer sat on his arse and giving Connor Gallagher the lions share of the game.
Southgate has to play 2 sitting midfielders, he even did it against Malta ffs. Rice doesn’t need babysitting but Maguire does, that’s why Southgate will waste another tournament playing to protect his planet-headed, slow-motion lovechild.

Southgate has to play 2 sitting midfielders, he even did it against Malta ffs. Rice doesn’t need babysitting but Maguire does, that’s why Southgate will waste another tournament playing to protect his planet-headed, slow-motion lovechild.
When Walker pinged the ball off his big fat head, that was this current England team in all its glory.

Nobody even reacted, it just pinged off his head and everybody just stood still.

I think Rice is very good - at what he does. I have no reason to dislike him whatsoever. I'm not a nationalist. But Rice is not a Xavi, Modric, or Kroos. He's not a Scholes. He's a water carrier who has nobody to carry for. I simply think if there is a flaw in this English set-up, it's not just sitting on the bench. Until you find that creative dictator in the middle of the field, then I think you are in the margin of error - and, yes, the manager comes under even more focus then.
Alexander Arnold could possibly fill that role.

Im still speechless that he brought on 39million year old Lewis Dunk.
Normally I would not have been speechless, there were many words I would have used, however, none would have been suitable in front of my grandson. So I too, was speechless (although probably a funny colour).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back