Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, but it's not like it was the only bad result or two in that timespan, or poor performance (as for some matches the sheer quality of players like Kane etc. can drag the team over the line) - a lot of shaky scores/play for no reason, sometimes being absolutely dire with the ball going forward, which is shocking for a team of this quality.

As you say, Hodgson could've done more and he doesn't pick himself, but Southgate is exactly the same, just has individually stronger players - Hendo doesn't need to play, Maguire, Dunk, etc., yet here we are. He's just Roy Hodgson with a vest lol
I disagree TBF. Hodgson was much much worse IMO. In tournaments under Southgate I would say only the Scotland game was awful. We were poor against the USA too but they were a better team than Scotland

I disagree TBF. Hodgson was much much worse IMO. In tournaments under Southgate I would say only the Scotland game was awful. We were poor against the USA too but they were a better team than Scotland
I dunno, this is a waste akin to the Martinez/Belgium one - this is an almost "true" golden generation with so many great players in every position available, or at least very good if not world class (like full backs being just good instead of absolutely amazing).

Won nothing so far, doesn't seem to be able to make a cohesive enough team out of them. The players, individually, usually produce a moment of brilliance because they're brilliant, but the plan/identity is nonexistent half the time and soaking up pressure instead of taking the initiative with this team is a football crime imo.

Brazil showed that this collection of fancy dans can be 'lesser fouls disrupted' out of a game. Start stop niggly fouls, break momentum and concentration and maybe rile a few up.

There is no winning on the international stage honourably. It's blood and guts more often than it is genius. I see no blend in the current dilemma.

Brazil showed that this collection of fancy dans can be 'lesser fouls disrupted' out of a game. Start stop niggly fouls, break momentum and concentration and maybe rile a few up.

There is no winning on the international stage honourably. It's blood and guts more often than it is genius. I see no blend in the current dilemma.
Same, I just boo England whenever they play.

Same, I just boo England whenever they play.
The more the multi colour cross turns up the more I feel like cheering. Cheering for the shirt. Who would I Delorian into this side from history. (That'll be Doc Brown not the FBI guys). Tough call. One player, that fits and more completes this side. Interesting question for a few other sides as well.

The more the multi colour cross turns up the more I feel like cheering. Cheering for the shirt. Who would I Delorian into this side from history. (That'll be Doc Brown not the FBI guys). Tough call. One player, that fits and more completes this side. Interesting question for a few other sides as well.
Reckon Hendo should give his opinion on the shirt by the way, if he hasn't. It just makes sense, what with him being such an honest and just defender of the cause, it will be a very valid opinion after all.

It’s crazy how much better the US is in this matchup now. Mexico hasn’t won since before Covid. Aside from maybe Alvarez Mexico doesn’t have a single player getting in the US team.

Lozano might be the worst player I’ve ever seen @Zatara

It’s crazy how much better the US is in this matchup now. Mexico hasn’t won since before Covid. Aside from maybe Alvarez Mexico doesn’t have a single player getting in the US team.

Mexico looked like the US looked in the 1990s. Disjointed, rushed and lacking talent.

That's as close to our best 11 last night as we have been in a long time, and the gulf in talent between the two is huge.

Striker needs to be resolved, and I don't think this formation is a fit for Weah, but it was a very strong performance before Copa America.

Whats happened to your boy Gio Reyna at Forest?

Wasnt he a wunderkind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back