Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league are desperate for City not to win it again as they dont want another Bayern/PSG scenario.

Corrupt.
I keep reading - from every fanbase - that the league is corrupt against them. Every time a ref makes a mistake it’s corruption apparently. Go on any fan forum and the league is corrupt against them due to the refs.

The ref at Spurs today was the same one who was part of the Diaz disallowed goal at Spurs. Maybe he’s a Spurs fan…or maybe he’s just part of a refereeing community that isn’t great.

The ‘corrupt ref’ thing doesn’t make sense if every fanbase thinks the PGMOL is out to get them.

Maybe City didn’t win today because Haaland missed a huge chance and their defence was caught out too many times.

Other than Everton, can any club point to an exceptional act by the authorities that has singled them out with a punishment?

Corruption and match fixing has been going on literally for decades, but you think it happening in the Premier League... The biggest league in the world which generates the most money - is far fetched?

Seriously?
Logically, match fixing doesn’t work on the way today’s game played out.

Was the ref paid to play for a draw? City scored on 81 minutes. Why did the ref allow this late goal given the low chance of a Spurs equaliser? When Spurs did equalise it was a perfectly legitimate goal so the ‘corrupt’ ref got lucky and didn’t need to bend the rules to allow it. After that, the ref let the game go on for a couple of minutes after the allotted 5 minutes added time. Why would he do this if it risked a City winner?

Maybe the ref is just a wally and needs to be better.

I keep reading - from every fanbase - that the league is corrupt against them. Every time a ref makes a mistake it’s corruption apparently. Go on any fan forum and the league is corrupt against them due to the refs.

The ref at Spurs today was the same one who was part of the Diaz disallowed goal at Spurs. Maybe he’s a Spurs fan…or maybe he’s just part of a refereeing community that isn’t great.

The ‘corrupt ref’ thing doesn’t make sense if every fanbase thinks the PGMOL is out to get them.

Maybe City didn’t win today because Haaland missed a huge chance and their defence was caught out too many times.

Other than Everton, can any club point to an exceptional act by the authorities that has singled them out with a punishment?
Well, Tony Kay was banned from football for life, so we have a long history of disgruntlement.

That ridiculous decision to give that pen for Chelsea was the perfect example of what I mentioned the other day. Upon reviewing that pitchside, how does Pawson not think, nah I was right, that’s not a pen. It’s becoming tiresome, why are refs even bothering going to the monitor if they’re always going to agree with Stockley Park?

That ridiculous decision to give that pen for Chelsea was the perfect example of what I mentioned the other day. Upon reviewing that pitchside, how does Pawson not think, nah I was right, that’s not a pen. It’s becoming tiresome, why are refs even bothering going to the monitor if they’re always going to agree with Stockley Park?
Refs are on the pitch now just as a token gesture, they are not making any crucial decisions.

Logically, match fixing doesn’t work on the way today’s game played out.

Was the ref paid to play for a draw? City scored on 81 minutes. Why did the ref allow this late goal given the low chance of a Spurs equaliser? When Spurs did equalise it was a perfectly legitimate goal so the ‘corrupt’ ref got lucky and didn’t need to bend the rules to allow it. After that, the ref let the game go on for a couple of minutes after the allotted 5 minutes added time. Why would he do this if it risked a City winner?

Maybe the ref is just a wally and needs to be better.
Exactly. Corruption is the stuff that goes on in backrooms when no one is watching. The shouts of corruption around this are crazy. If Hooper was under instructions not to let City win he was taking a helluva risk letting them be 3-2 up until a 90th minute equaliser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back