Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody has won four titles in a row - the RS infested media would find it difficult to stomach another team achieving something they couldn't.

Were the officials corrupt towards the RS when Diaz had one chalked off against Spurs? Wasn't it the same ref actually? Premier league is the biggest, richest, most profitable league in the world yet somehow constantly has the worst officials.

Were the officials corrupt towards the RS when Diaz had one chalked off against Spurs? Wasn't it the same ref actually? Premier league is the biggest, richest, most profitable league in the world yet somehow constantly has the worst officials.
The only consistent thing about the standard of refereeing he PL is that it is inconsistent at best... atrocious and questionably biased at its worst.

The only consistent thing about the standard of refereeing he PL is that it is inconsistent at best... atrocious and questionably biased at its worst.
They're bad enough that pretty much every club is sick of them collectively, which takes a lot of doing.

They're bad enough that pretty much every club is sick of them collectively, which takes a lot of doing.
If you use the search option with my name and 'PGMOL' you'll see my thoughts on why the standard of refereeing is so poor here in England, or the PL.

There is no accountability for the referees, and until accountability and real scrutiny on their processes is brought in to play we'll continue to have this nonsense.

Nah, I'm a serious advocate of bringing some form of discipline and respect to the game, like with rugby. Referees make mistakes, but scenes like that don't help.
There's making mistakes like missing a handball or someone diving for a penalty but that was atrocious mate.

How do you want the players to react to that decision, i reckon i would of been sent off.

Btw i agree about having discipline and respect for the referees but they create there own problems half of the time.

Yet again week after week another apology will be dished out to a club by these cretins, its not acceptable mate.

We could be on the end of one of these decisions soon

If he was paid off he'd not have played advantage.
Yep you
Nah, I'm a serious advocate of bringing some form of discipline and respect to the game, like with rugby. Referees make mistakes, but scenes like that don't help.
Phil I agree with you.

But surely refs must earn respect.

I just can't get my head around that decision.

There's making mistakes like missing a handball or someone diving for a penalty but that was atrocious mate.

How do you want the players to react to that decision, i reckon i would of been sent off.

Btw i agree about having discipline and respect for the referees but they create there own problems half of the time.

Yet again week after week another apology will be dished out to a club by these cretins, its not acceptable mate.

We could be on the end of one of these decisions soon
We often are

Reactions: JLW

Even in that case, they were trying to give the decision Liverpool’s way (which would’ve been correct). They were just too incompetent to even realize what the initial call was. Prem has the money to hire externally. Just go get good refs from other leagues and stop this clown parade.

If you use the search option with my name and 'PGMOL' you'll see my thoughts on why the standard of refereeing is so poor here in England, or the PL.

There is no accountability for the referees, and until accountability and real scrutiny on their processes is brought in to play we'll continue to have this nonsense.

Mad that they just carry on and do another high profile game the next week (or have a week off and then straight back at it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back