Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent squad player but not top 4 quality as a starter

Dead right. Another clever free transfer by RM. At home, however, I would go with two wingers, one of whom has to be Del Boy. We just need more attacking alternatives up-front when faced by 2 buses.

I would play Cleverley more frequently away from home and hope for performances like his at Stoke's.

Dead right. Another clever free transfer by RM. At home, however, I would go with two wingers, one of whom has to be Del Boy. We just need more attacking alternatives up-front when faced by 2 buses.

I would play Cleverley more frequently away from home and hope for performances like his at Stoke's.

I think the plan may be, when he's fit and ready, to slowly introduce Niasse as that option at home.

It gives us that option of giving teams two natural forwards to think about defending, and thus, as @Tubey pointed out about wingers a few days ago, means they can't get set in such a defensive position early in a game. Also allows us to mix up our style from going short and long when needs be.

I think people need to look at the squad depth and see that were short in a few areas + see how Osman was used as a utility player.

Cleverley isnt the "new Osman" hes clearly a far superior player, however he has the right attitude and can play in several positions.

Also good to note that he has been injured and this is a new club for him after being shunted around at UTD then having his confidence sapped at Villa.

i think we will see the best of him next season like Mori and Niasse.

Cleverley isnt the "new Osman" hes clearly a far superior player,

I wonder if people on here judge a player's whole career on their final couple of seasons. See Osman, Neville, Howard. Osman was a decent player for us. Cleverly is shaping up the same. Far superior? Not convinced.

Mirallas should start on the left against most sides where we should score goals - not playing for a draw
Clevery can be brought on once the job has been done or if we are happy with a draw
Martinez prefers to bring Mirallas on sometimes when we are 1 behind already - wrong way round for me

I wonder if people on here judge a player's whole career on their final couple of seasons. See Osman, Neville, Howard. Osman was a decent player for us. Cleverly is shaping up the same. Far superior? Not convinced.
I can't say I agree about Howard or Neville, who were never good players, but Osman was very decent in his day. He just got overused by another manager who was incapable of rotating to suit an opponent.

Cleverley is nowhere near as technically sound as Osman was. He's Simon Davies reincarnate.

I can't say I agree about Howard or Neville, who were never good players, but Osman was very decent in his day. He just got overused by another manager who was incapable of rotating to suit an opponent.

Cleverley is nowhere near as technically sound as Osman was. He's Simon Davies reincarnate.
Oh dear,Simon Davies. Shudder shudder.

Can't see Bournemouth going at us to hard today. I would play more forward looking players today, keep Cleverley, Lennon and Besic on the bench. I would also put Stones on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back