Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Cleverley is also very good at keeping the ball, one of the complaints of his detractors is often that he plays too safe, sideways passes. Even in his broef cameo his pass accuracy was close to 83%, it wasn't Tom (or Farron if he'd been the sub) giving it away that was a problem - it was winning it back when one of our other players had gifted it :p
My sweet LL, i hate disagreeing with you so lets just both agree we 100% wouldve won if gibson came on instead ;)

That final goal was scored right where Gibson should have been, though -- no use saying he would have done a better job than Cleverley when he obviously didn't do the job.

Your analysis is not correct at all. Gibson is playing to the right of Barry, with Cleverley to the left of Barry. Smith goes past Cleverley and Barry. Pops it out wide, cross comes in and Stanislas is free between Galloway and Cleverley. Which two players have their hands on their head? Barry and Cleverley. Both know that they should have taken out Smith.

Also, Cleverley never played CM for us before today and is coming back from injury. Gibson has been fit since mid-September. In fact this is the longest stretch of games that Gibson has been available for since early 2013. I think he would have been the better option at this moment in time to have come on for McCarthy. Not saying it would have definitely have changed the result but it was not the moment to throw in Cleverley in a new position coming back from injury.

http://sportyhighlights.com/bournemouth-vs-everton-3-3-highlights/

Just read the match report back. I must have been bevvied because I could swear he came on in about the 83rd minute. Apparently it was the 68th.

He didn't look fit. Poor decision to play him in hindsight.

Your analysis is not correct at all. Gibson is playing to the right of Barry, with Cleverley to the left of Barry. Smith goes past Cleverley and Barry. Pops it out wide, cross comes in and Stanislas is free between Galloway and Cleverley. Which two players have their hands on their head? Barry and Cleverley. Both know that they should have taken out Smith.

http://sportyhighlights.com/bournemouth-vs-everton-3-3-highlights/
Looking at it again, you're right. My mistake.

Half fit or not his performance yesterday was undoubtedly one of the worst seen by an Everton player in quite some time l. No exaggeration to say we Would have won the match 2 or 3-0 had he not been on the pitch. Would rather have seen Osman on tbh. Laughably exposed for their 3rd he barely touched the ball and was constantly out of position. Think he prefers to be out wide but clearly there's no place for him with Deulofeu in the side. If this unfit donkey gets a game in McCarthys place against boro then we deserve to go out as they will run rings around him and Martinez should be sacked as well for putting his own ego before the needs of the team.

...I've liked what I've seen of Cleverley and think he will be a good acquisition. Can't believe folk are looking to blame him for yesterday. Bournmouth were there to be picked off in the 2nd half but we totally failed to turn that to our advantage, that along with a lack of leadership were to blame.

Half fit or not his performance yesterday was undoubtedly one of the worst seen by an Everton player in quite some time l. No exaggeration to say we Would have won the match 2 or 3-0 had he not been on the pitch. Would rather have seen Osman on tbh. Laughably exposed for their 3rd he barely touched the ball and was constantly out of position. Think he prefers to be out wide but clearly there's no place for him with Deulofeu in the side. If this unfit donkey gets a game in McCarthys place against boro then we deserve to go out as they will run rings around him and Martinez should be sacked as well for putting his own ego before the needs of the team.
He was completely anonymous, yes, but I don't think that qualifies as one of the worst performances by an Everton player in quite some time. It didn't come close to being as poor as Naismith's 45 minutes against Manchester United, for instance.

Moyes and Neville
Martinez and Cleverley
Coe and Hague

Will it ever stop

Yo, i don't know, turn out the lights and i'll glow, to the extreme rock a mic like a vandal, light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle.

Which basically means Cleverly is bang average at everything.

Whic is not a bad thing if he's gonna be used as cover. But is if he is gonna be starting regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back