Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they've walked through us far easier when those two haven't played (Barnsley, first half at Reading, Bournemouth after McCarthy went off - to name a few examples).

Most of the goals we concede (in fact, the vast majority) are from crosses into the box, that the goalkeeper and defenders fail to deal with.

McCarthy and Barry constantly get stick from a certain section of the fanbase. And that's just down to opinion. But they're quite clearly our best two options there, and I'm pretty sure that any other team in the league barring the teams above us would happily have quality like that in their midfield.
There are better players at worse teams than Everton.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a little bit of rotation for games where they're likely to get overran, such as next week against Palace, but there's more chance of Howard sitting out than either of those two.

True.

personally think it may be something along these lines...

Joel

Coleman - Stones - Mori - Baines

Besic - Barry

Mirallas - Barkley - Cleverley

Lukaku

Subs: Gibson, Kone, Lennon, Naismith, Deulofeu, Osman, Howard

I went for close to that and think it will be

Joel
Coleman
Stones
Mori
Galloway
Lennon
Besic
Barry
Mirallas
Naismith
Lukaku

Bench -

Howard
Baines
Cleverley
Deulofeu
Kone
Gibson or Osman
Barkley

That's my guess anyway.

Whatever he picks, it better be a winning one ;)

There are better players at worse teams than Everton.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a little bit of rotation for games where they're likely to get overran, such as next week against Palace, but there's more chance of Howard sitting out than either of those two.

We got overran a lot easier with Cleverley in that holding role. I like Cleverley, but he's not suited to that role. He fits in perfectly as a link player on that left hand side, and I reckon (as much as it counts for nothing) that's what we should do in away games, and switch it for Kone when at home.

Not really suited to fill in for McCarthy, but seeing him maintaining the spring in his step all the way up to the final whistle was a positive. Looks ready.

Strong views Kevin old chap
We have a few very good players at the moment ( Deulofeu, Lukaku, Barry, McCarthy ) and a couple who let the side down when they play. Naismith seems to be off the scene completely which is good but Cleverley and Lennon still hang around at the expense of proper footballers like Gibson and mirallas and that is a sad indictment of the manager.

We have a few very good players at the moment ( Deulofeu, Lukaku, Barry, McCarthy ) and a couple who let the side down when they play. Naismith seems to be off the scene completely which is good but Cleverley and Lennon still hang around at the expense of proper footballers like Gibson and mirallas and that is a sad indictment of the manager.

Gibson who can't play more them 2 games in a run, Martinez is right to take it easy with gibson and try and sort out his issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back