Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a few very good players at the moment ( Deulofeu, Lukaku, Barry, McCarthy ) and a couple who let the side down when they play. Naismith seems to be off the scene completely which is good but Cleverley and Lennon still hang around at the expense of proper footballers like Gibson and mirallas is a sad indictment of the manager.
I'm classing Cleverley and Lennon as still having a use to the squad and team. As opposed to Naismith, Osman and Howard who are essentially poo.

Gibson who can't play more them 2 games in a run, Martinez is right to take it easy with gibson and try and sort out his issues
Is that so? Seems to have been consistently on the bench for a while now. Think he deserves his chance to start in games like tonight. Osman and Cleverley were the worst 2 Everton players on the pitch.

Is that so? Seems to have been consistently on the bench for a while now. Think he deserves his chance to start in games like tonight. Osman and Cleverley were the worst 2 Everton players on the pitch.

And both players have lack of match fitness. Gibson not injured because we don't play him. Gibson not been fit for 4 years.

We have a few very good players at the moment ( Deulofeu, Lukaku, Barry, McCarthy ) and a couple who let the side down when they play. Naismith seems to be off the scene completely which is good but Cleverley and Lennon still hang around at the expense of proper footballers like Gibson and mirallas and that is a sad indictment of the manager.

Bloody hell, lad . He's just played in a team that has taken Everton to a semi-final . He was playing well before his injury . Stop finding bloody negatives and enjoy the evening ....WE'RE IN A SEMI-FINAL ffs

Cleverley?!
He had a good game as did they all.
I genuinely can't see how you think he didn't?

Cleverly was very solid tonight. He allows us to play through the middle from the back, because he's confident in his touch and has good awareness. It's not a competition, but I'd say he's actually better at it than McCarthy, who's such a cautious soul (but lovable just the same).

Solid game last night. First game back so think comments are harsh. Don't think he gave ball away once and kept us going forward.

Considering that was his first game back after however long out I thought he was solid at everything he done last night.

Most importantly he's another option either to start or from the bench and we've had far too many years where we haven't had options. Now we've got the likes of Cleverley, Gibson, Besic and Osman all vying to get game time.

Competition raises performance imo so all good.

must admit I'm not his biggest fan as I think we have better players than him and would rather have some of our promising youngsters as fringe players than a 65k a week Cleverly. Regardles he wears our shirt and I'm compelled to support him along with the rest of the team.

To my eyes he slotted straight into McCarthy's position last night vs Boro. What is that position ? Doesn't McCarthy play on the right side of a central midfield twosome with Barry covering the left ? Does Barry play a sole defensive midfield role with a four man midfield ahead of him where McCarthy plays right centre ?

vs Boro the right side was very congested at times, the midfield lacked balance with the left being a comparative No Mans Land.

I thought Cleverly played alright vs Boro but his contribution vs what we should be expecting from him served to highlight issues / fault with our formation.

Solid if unspectacular return. Great to have him back as it gives us more options, impressed with his fitness considering how long he's been out. That 90 minutes will do him the world of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back