Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was quite good, I liked how he often found himself in decent attacking positions.

I'd like to see a midfield of Barkley, McCarthy and Cleverley, with Barkley playing the role of a more energetic Barry.

great simple passing and no back heel flicks - what a cracking shot too - looked better than James MaCarthy imo!

He literally did a back heel flick in the build up to our goal haha.

Also agree he was excellent tonight. He's a very high tempo player which I love and has actually got some great technique about him.

He's really bloody good in the final third isn't he. Was pleased to see him given free reign to get forward.

Long term I'd be happy to see him as that left-sided attacking midfielder.

Keeps the ball moving quickly which is good.. Unlucky with that strike in second half too. Decent showing considering hes only just come back from injury

Complete confidence player and it seems to be coming back after his injury, when he's on form everything about us just looks at a higher tempo, can see that he was brought up under Ferguson in a very good United set up as he has that zip about him - maybe the best awareness in the squad at whats around him as well, the amount of one touch lay offs he does without even looking is unreal

Good to have him back and I think he had a really good game. Unlucky not to score, hope he prove all his doubters wrong. Keep it up, Tom!

Cracking player, it was clear from as soon as he played for United, the anti-united lot will never see past the hate.

He had a really good game, and he is so eager to get forward. But I think it also showed why McCarthy is such a key part of the team. I understand we were throwing everything forward, even before they scored, but Cleverley was just that 5 yards further upfield than McCarthy usually is, and they were able to hit us on the counter.

That's not a slant on Cleverely's performance, but why I feel that McCarthy is still the first name on the teamsheet when fit. If he recovers from his injury in time for the Norwich game, I'd slot him straight back in, and move Cleverley out to the left, with Kone on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back