Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleverley has boo-boys? I didn't think anyone cared enough about him for that. He's a solid squad player, and I think he'll come up with a few pretty moments over the course of the season (especially if he ever gets a chance to play through the middle), but I just don't see him getting any playing time if everyone's fit (which we all know will never happen).

Ah I didn't mean our fans. Basically the whole of the rest of the country though.

Bit surprised at people posting any sort of disappointed comments about him after what we've seen so far. I think some football fans delude themselves in to thinking that every player has to be an Iniesta, Ronaldo or Messi.

He's shown already in his time at the club that he's very competent on the ball and can work hard for the team. That's one area of the squad we needed to strengthen and Martinez has done that for a free transfer. He's also 26 so we will get years out of him yet.

Was very impressed with him yesterday and thought he was one of our best players. Kept possession well, had a good understanding with certain players like Barkley and Coleman and put in 100%. He isn't going to be a creative midfielder who carves out 5 chances a game but he's going to be steady. It's good that we've got a range of different types of players in our midfield.

I've been really impressed by him - seems willing to make runs that don't lead to anything for him but open space up for other players.

Settled in and does lots of stuff that goes unnoticed by lots of fans but is vital to a team that he does it like what Mrk says above.

Good signing on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back