Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched him yesterday. He spent a fair bit on our side of the pitch (I was in top left hand corner) in both halves.

He protected Galloway well when he was there and he looked to work well with Coleman.

Two things stood out for me:

He always made himself available for a pass. Whoever had the ball, whether it was Galloway on the opposite side or Coleman 5 yds away he always got in a position to receive the ball first, either by getting in front of his marker or shifting into space.
The result of that was pulling players out of position allowing the front 3 to make chances.

He also has that lovely little knack of being able to nick the ball off players without diving in or going through the player.
Nick, turn into space we are on the front foot again.

And a third thing, he was always looking for the forward pass. Sometimes it went astray but I applaud the intent because when it does go right for him and it will if he carries on working hard then we will have yet another threat to add to the ever increasing firepower at our disposal.

He had a fine game yesterday. He wasn't instrumental on the ball but he gave as good an off the ball performance as I've seen from a player which is hard to define or appreciate.

I like him and he is the type of player who is there to keep the tempo high and his team mates committed.
yeah the lost art of stealing the ball. for the oldies I think he has a bit of Kevin Ricardson about him

I heard a second attempt at a chant for him. Something about "we thought he was s£&it turned out he was fit!" Made me laugh but not sure if it will or even should catch on. Group of lads about 1194 probably row FF or thereabouts! You know who you are.!

Pretty sure Ferguson , in his autobiography , quoted Cleverly as one of the most accomplished footballers he had ever coached with his all round footballing ability.

he also said he was a better striker than any that has played under him, that Van Persie could've died from getting hit by a football, that Welbeck and Evans were as good as anything Barca were producing and that Phil Jones could be the greatest ever United player.

he also said he was a better striker than any that has played under him, that Van Persie could've died from getting hit by a football, that Welbeck and Evans were as good as anything Barca were producing and that Phil Jones could be the greatest ever United player.

Exactly. He's always right...

Deluded if he believed any of that.

He's done ok so far and deserves lots of credit for his effort . I'll hold back from saying he's better than osman though after 2 games

He's better than Osman.

1342985116-leon_osman_nike.jpg

Leon thinks that's the funniest post you made yet.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back