Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some will know, I was never his biggest fan in his younger days, but I took the time last season to watch him when I was told he was defo signing and I saw a different player, was really happy to sign him, even tho I knew it meant less games for Mume, big loss for us, losing McCarthy as well is a proper kick in the nuts.

As some will know, I was never his biggest fan in his younger days, but I took the time last season to watch him when I was told he was defo signing and I saw a different player, was really happy to sign him, even tho I knew it meant less games for Mume, big loss for us, losing McCarthy as well is a proper kick in the nuts.
He only seems to shine when he a) has the confidence of the coach b) is in a team that play at a decent tempo that suits his strengths of quick pass and move. The difference last year in his performances under Sherwood and Lambert was dramatic.

Hes not a DM and doesnt have the power or playmaking ability to be a dominant CM....possibly could be AM if Barkley drops back but again, isnt of the top quality needed if we want to aim for top 4.

I think hes a good utility player.

"McCarthy (hip) out of spurs game, Cleverley (achilles) doubtful" - Everton F.C app. The word doubtful is good news: doesn't sound that serious

"McCarthy (hip) out of spurs game, Cleverley (achilles) doubtful" - Everton F.C app. The word doubtful is good news: doesn't sound that serious

"Tom Cleverley, we will have a bit more information today and we will find out what will be his position towards the weekend."

It does sound like it is not too serious. A big boost for January's games if he can play.

Interesting quote from Martinez this morning when asked about Cleverley, He said he had a calf problem then said calf/achilies injury. I'm hoping he may have strained the lower calf where it meets the tendon, if so could be back in a week or 2.

IMO, the tightness was more than likely due to playing so many fast-paced games in a congested period after returning from a pretty bad injury.

Fingers crossed he'll be back for the City game next week. I can't see him recovering in time to face Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back