Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is going to be some superb vaulting available in this thread sometime in the future, whichever way it works out for Tom at the club lol

Unlikely, people have had enough time to see the qualitys he brings to the team/squad, if they dont see it now, they wont ever see it and wont ever admit they made a mistake.

I got it wrong with McCarthy many years ago, I hardly watched Wigan and when I did I thought McCarthy was nothing more than a glorified watercarrier, its only when you see a player, week in, week out that you can make a proper judgement and ideally over a long period of time.

It could be said we havent seen enough of The Clev, but IMO we have, we have seen him be utterly AWOL and we are have seen his range of passing and tireless energy, I even like the fact that he isnt afraid to have a little moan at the refs and linos, we have hardly any moaners in the team, its always good to have 1 or 2, granted you gotta be careful you dont get to many like the vermin across the park, Milner, "hendo" and Lucas are whiney little talentless beauts who should really pipe down.

Just saying.

Unlikely, people have had enough time to see the qualitys he brings to the team/squad, if they dont see it now, they wont ever see it and wont ever admit they made a mistake.

I got it wrong with McCarthy many years ago, I hardly watched Wigan and when I did I thought McCarthy was nothing more than a glorified watercarrier, its only when you see a player, week in, week out that you can make a proper judgement and ideally over a long period of time.

It could be said we havent seen enough of The Clev, but IMO we have, we have seen him be utterly AWOL and we are have seen his range of passing and tireless energy, I even like the fact that he isnt afraid to have a little moan at the refs and linos, we have hardly any moaners in the team, its always good to have 1 or 2, granted you gotta be careful you dont get to many like the vermin across the park, Milner, "hendo" and Lucas are whiney little talentless beauts who should really pipe down.

Just saying.
Ha we all get it wrong sometimes, have vague memories of you threatening to beat me over the head repeatedly after a disagreement about Cleverley x

There is pretty incriminating evidence from me on the "should we sign Lennon on loan" thread, remarkably similar in fact to some of the stuff posted about Tom especially the "lack of goals/assists" bit.

Still a bit early to make a final decision on Cleverley imo, Jelavic was a rather painful lesson, but lots of encouraging signs to me. With Barry, Cleverley and McCarthy all gently moaning at the ref hopefully we'll be a bit less of a soft touch.

Ha we all get it wrong sometimes, have vague memories of you threatening to beat me over the head repeatedly after a disagreement about Cleverley x

There is pretty incriminating evidence from me on the "should we sign Lennon on loan" thread, remarkably similar in fact to some of the stuff posted about Tom especially the "lack of goals/assists" bit.

Still a bit early to make a final decision on Cleverley imo, Jelavic was a rather painful lesson, but lots of encouraging signs to me. With Barry, Cleverley and McCarthy all gently moaning at the ref hopefully we'll be a bit less of a soft touch.

Well as ive stated I hated The Clev for years, he was defo on my list, with Welbeck, is he dead by the way? As you might recall, I spent a lot of time watching him for Villa and I liked what I saw. Most vaulting will be due to snap judgements, we all make them, its when you cant admit youve made a mistake, thats when the issues occur, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, in order to grow, we must first fall.

Well as ive stated I hated The Clev for years, he was defo on my list, with Welbeck, is he dead by the way? As you might recall, I spent a lot of time watching him for Villa and I liked what I saw. Most vaulting will be due to snap judgements, we all make them, its when you cant admit youve made a mistake, thats when the issues occur, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, in order to grow, we must first fall.
Coming back from yet another injury, think expected back end of the month.

Don't think it's as simple as that. Chelsea flogged Lukaku and De Bruyne because they were deemed not good enough for them. Man City proved them wrong and Lukaku is firmly on his way too. SAF clearly rated Cleverley and I take him a lot more serious as a top class manager than Moyes and LvG.
Manager, tactics, position, playing style and confidence play a massive part in any player reaching his potential.

But the two players you mention were still in high demand. In Lukaku's case, he was moving to a club willing to break their transfer record for him, De Bruyne also moved in a multimillion pound deal, whereas Cleverley had to go on loan to a hapless Aston Villa before moving to Everton on a free transfer.

But the two players you mention were still in high demand. In Lukaku's case, he was moving to a club willing to break their transfer record for him, De Bruyne also moved in a multimillion pound deal, whereas Cleverley had to go on loan to a hapless Aston Villa before moving to Everton on a free transfer.
Despite being in the last year of his contract Villa put in a 8m bid for Tom but he turned it down as was holding out on a move to Everton.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...leverley-as-player-wanted-Everton-switch.html

Bit similar to Lennon in this window, held his nerve until Spurs reduced their price.

Had a couple of good performances but to me he's just decent no more no less. A squad player but a very useful one. Problem with him for me is that he doesn't excel in any particular area of his game that make him stand out. He's decent at most things not fantastic. Utility player.

Had a couple of good performances but to me he's just decent no more no less. A squad player but a very useful one. Problem with him for me is that he doesn't excel in any particular area of his game that make him stand out. He's decent at most things not fantastic. Utility player.

And thats a fair judgement, 1 which most sane people will agree with.

Most of us arent saying hes Zidane and most of us wouldnt put him in a current "best 11", but as a squad player, im not sure why people are objecting so much. Its as if these people think we should fill the squad full of 30m back ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back