Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gives up absolutely nothing, wanders around like a spare part. A loan would be the best option so he can find out what you have to do to be a decent midfielder.

Gives up absolutely nothing, wanders around like a spare part. A loan would be the best option so he can find out what you have to do to be a decent midfielder.

Getting some sort of compusure would be a start, still I doubt that's very high on the list with the likes of Unsworth and Ferguson.

He started to believe his own hype and instead of progressing naturally he was booted into a position far beyond his current ability.

He shouldn't be starting for us but the failed recruitment under Koeman has left us weak in that area of the pitch. Ideally, he'd be on loan at a Championship club and getting game time and confidence at that level.
Some folk poo poo loans but I think it's valuable for young players like Tom. Send him somewhere that he is literally one of the best players in the team, responsible for driving the midfield, bossing games on his own, putting the team on his back and tapping all the local ass. Ideally he'll come back a more confident and rounded player instead of the body filler he is atm.

A bit of patience is required, not with Davies who probably is lacking the ability to make it at this grade, but with Silva who needs the time to sift out the likes of Davies having given them a chance to see what they can do. I am confident we will not see too much of Davies in the near future.

Mate hes literally 1 of only 2 CMs in the whole club thats not injured.

He wont be going anywhere and he will play enough here to either kick on or leave the management in no doubt that he doesnt have it.
This. And that he’s 20. Sad part is that if we had signed Doucoure or someone like him we’d be talking about Davies great potential killing it for the U23s. He had a bad match. He had a terrific one the match before. Gomes will be here soon enough.

Some absolute drivel in this thread

He was sound, used the ball well and got about the pitch. Struggled after 70 minutes, but that was due to playing in a 2 which I don't think suits him, and playing a large part of the game with ten men.

It's like he has to have a 10/10 game, otherwise you get the biffs saying he's not good enough and needs to be playing in the championship.

Everyone calm down and let the lad develop and find himself under a manager who appreciates what he can bring to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back