Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great move by Silva to make him captain tonight. Could you see that joker Koeman doing that! He’s starting to get his confidence back after Koeman shredded it. Thought he had a great game as did all the young players. Lot more to come from the lad.

As it stands, until Gomes is fit, yes.

But once Gomes is fit I'd say it's going to be Schneiderlin competing with him and Gana competing with Davies.

But, they should all be able to slot in if needed. However, it goes back to the types of player they are and Davies simply isn't a player who you is suited to dropping back and picking up possession like Schneiderlin is. That isn't a detraction, because Davies is better at other things.
Yeah what I’m getting it as that we only have 2 positions for any of the midfielders to play. We all know that silva prefers a ‘6 and 8’ combination but the reality is that if Davies came in and played well in Schneiderlins absence - and the combination with gana worked - he’d keep his place. He’d be an idiot to think that he can only play if gana doesn’t, so he is, by definition, competing with Schneiderlin for a place.

He didn’t stand out against Rotherham. Think that’s enough to prove he at least needs a loan to the Championship.

If he wasn’t from Liverpool and came through our academy, he would have been shipped off by now.

He ran the game against them from a position he doesn’t even play in. Rotherham barely had any meaningful possession after the first ten minutes.

Can't have been made, he was upstaged by Dowell for one thing. Also Digne and Zouma played well.

Dowell only turned it on in the second half when we were comfortable. He was playing hide and seek with Siggurdson in the first half seeing who could be more anonymous. Davies was having to do everything. He started off a bit hesitant as it became a physical battle but once he’d got past that he controlled the whole thing. Spraying balls to either flank, hitting first time ones over the top, getting assists, Silva is unlocking his natural talents and the confidence is coming back. Good to see a natural baller out there rather than a spineless crab.

I think he played quite well tonight, he was always showing and always trying to move forward. Good for the third goal.

He’s definitely not in his best run of form, but I think the criticism of him in the last few weeks has been harsh if not undeserved.

I think he played quite well tonight, he was always showing and always trying to move forward. Good for the third goal.

He’s definitely not in his best run of form, but I think the criticism of him in the last few weeks has been harsh if not undeserved.
He was pretty bad at Bournemouth. Idk how you could say otherwise. And he’s been mediocre as a whole for some time now. Playing well against Rotherham is all well and good but he needs to do it against bigger teams.

He didn’t stand out against Rotherham. Think that’s enough to prove he at least needs a loan to the Championship.

If he wasn’t from Liverpool and came through our academy, he would have been shipped off by now.
He was well above that level last night regardless of whether he stood out or not. A championship loan would stop his growth and since he is getting Premier League games here a loan really doesn't make sense at all. It's more the fact that he is 20, still has potential to improve, and is currently not counted against our 25 man squad than the "he's from Liverpool" or "he's a Blue" that have kept him here instead of the likes of say Klaassen.

Great move by Silva to make him captain tonight. Could you see that joker Koeman doing that! He’s starting to get his confidence back after Koeman shredded it. Thought he had a great game as did all the young players. Lot more to come from the lad.

Agree it was a good move by Silva but to be fair to The Golfer, I seem to remember him making Barkley captain for a League Cup game, might have been Yeovil.

:Blink::Blink:

Koeman showed almost too much faith in him. Gave him loads of game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back