Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t at all. He was alright and nothing more.

He gets hyped up because he came through the academy and is from Liverpool. People need to take the blue-tinted specs off.

He’ll be in the Championship within two seasons.
Your making him in to the new Osman lets kick a local lad - I agree with most of your post - tbh he has been iffy since he burst on the scene - to me he has been played as a defensive midfielder which imo he is not - he looked more at home driving forwards of course he has lost RB alongside him - he needs to bed in again with a new midfield which Silva has time to mold together because atm it's a bit awry especially away from home........
Davies has always looked better in the opposition half than in ours he is young and time to learn.........
oh and he needs to get that haircut loppedlol

There's a reason why he's made 74 appearances by the age of 20, whilst every other midfielder he played with at youth level has been sent out on loan or sold.

Showed last night he's clearly a few levels above the championship so lets put that woeful shout to bed now.

He doesn't get hyped up because he's a local lad, if anything it's the other way round.

People have unrealistic expectations because he's a local lad and expect some kind of Steven Gerrard figure. When he doesn't deliver that type of performance people lose the plot.

If you're writing him off already the issue is with yourself, not Tom Davies

He gets hyped up because he came through the academy and is from Liverpool. People need to take the blue-tinted specs off.

He certainly not hyped up, he`s gets more stick than most on here.

Are there any actual players that you rate at Everton !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

No he doesn’t get “hyped up” at all. People see a young player with one full season under his belt, barely even an adult, with plenty of scope to improve. I know it’s dead cool and edgy to be able to say you were the first to write a player off early in their career, but what do you gain from it really? And coming on here after every half decent performance from him to remind us all that he’s actually crap because you said so, isn’t going to do you any good either.
You make out it’s a personal vendetta against Tom Davies, it isn’t. Holgate is around the same age and you can clearly see he’s got something about him that could see him turn into a top player. What has Davies got? What does Davies actually do? He’s not a good footballer and shouldn’t be trying to learn his trade on our time.

Aren’t you one of the ones who continually has a go at Sigurdsson, btw? Is that being ‘cool and edgy’ or is it you having an opinion on a player that differs to, for example, mine?

Your making him in to the new Osman lets kick a local lad - I agree with most of your post - tbh he has been iffy since he burst on the scene - to me he has been played as a defensive midfielder which imo he is not - he looked more at home driving forwards of course he has lost RB alongside him - he needs to bed in again with a new midfield which Silva has time to mold together because atm it's a bit awry especially away from home........
Davies has always looked better in the opposition half than in ours he is young and time to learn.........
oh and he needs to get that haircut loppedlol
I don’t think it’s about getting on a local lad’s back, but that’s the only reason why a lot of people are giving him more leeway, IMO.

He’s been poor-to-average in the three seasons he’s been playing now. I can’t see much changing this season.

Couldn't imagine you have ever had them on, Christ mate you really are a miserable fella.

You make out it’s a personal vendetta against Tom Davies, it isn’t. Holgate is around the same age and you can clearly see he’s got something about him that could see him turn into a top player. What has Davies got? What does Davies actually do? He’s not a good footballer and shouldn’t be trying to learn his trade on our time.

Aren’t you one of the ones who continually has a go at Sigurdsson, btw? Is that being ‘cool and edgy’ or is it you having an opinion on a player that differs to, for example, mine?

It's funny though mate, I like Holgate so it's not an attack on him (he's actually remarkable the number of game he's playing at CB given his age) but it's not like he doesn't make mistakes. I see both players as inconsistent but have also shown aspects of their game which are very good for players of their age. I don't think anyone is saying Davies is the perfect all-round player, but to me he has areas of strength and areas that need to be improved. I think Holgate is much the same.

Do you see Holgate as faultless, or do you not see Davies as having strengths?

He certainly not hyped up, he`s gets more stick than most on here.

Are there any actual players that you rate at Everton !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He doesn’t get ‘stick’ he gets people giving their opinions on him after games. If he wasn’t poor in most games, he wouldn’t be getting ‘stick’.

There are plenty of players I like at Everton, all of them a million times better than Tom Davies.

I don’t dislike Davies, I just don’t think he’s good enough for us. I would like to see him get a loan away from us and see if he can cut it away from here.

giphy.gif

I don’t think it’s about getting on a local lad’s back, but that’s the only reason why a lot of people are giving him more leeway, IMO.

He’s been poor-to-average in the three seasons he’s been playing now. I can’t see much changing this season.

I know I've quoted you on another post mate but I have to take issue with that. At 17 against Norwich do you think he as poor to average? Or against manchester City? Or in that season, when he came in and our form improved subsequently? Is it not fairer to say he was poor last season, seemed to lose purpose and an idea of what his job was and his form dipped?

If he has been poor to average the last 3 years, then could you provide an example of a player in and around his age who plays his position that has been say good? Never mind excellent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back