Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny though mate, I like Holgate so it's not an attack on him (he's actually remarkable the number of game he's playing at CB given his age) but it's not like he doesn't make mistakes. I see both players as inconsistent but have also shown aspects of their game which are very good for players of their age. I don't think anyone is saying Davies is the perfect all-round player, but to me he has areas of strength and areas that need to be improved. I think Holgate is much the same.

Do you see Holgate as faultless, or do you not see Davies as having strengths?
Of course Holgate isn’t faultless, but he has shown more potential to get it right than what Davies does. When has Davies shown these skills?

One of the only games I’ve sat there and thought Davies had a bit about him was his first game vs. Norwich and the City game. After that, I’m struggling to remember anything worthwhile that he has done.

I know I've quoted you on another post mate but I have to take issue with that. At 17 against Norwich do you think he as poor to average? Or against manchester City? Or in that season, when he came in and our form improved subsequently? Is it not fairer to say he was poor last season, seemed to lose purpose and an idea of what his job was and his form dipped?

If he has been poor to average the last 3 years, then could you provide an example of a player in and around his age who plays his position that has been say good? Never mind excellent?
Ironically addressed them games in my reply to your previous post.

He doesn’t get ‘stick’ he gets people giving their opinions on him after games. If he wasn’t poor in most games, he wouldn’t be getting ‘stick’.

There are plenty of players I like at Everton, all of them a million times better than Tom Davies.

I don’t dislike Davies, I just don’t think he’s good enough for us. I would like to see him get a loan away from us and see if he can cut it away from here.

You`re like a broken record.

The same post in different threads, over and over again:coffee:

You need to lighten up mate, all you seem to do us moan and criticise, just give it a try, you might enjoy x
Or, you’re only choosing to notice the posts in which I’m criticising.

I’ve been full of praise for Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Holgate, Pickford, Keane, Tosun and even Niassé.

Them posts go unnoticed because people want to have a little bitch if their favourite players come under attack.

1. What has Davies got?
2. What does Davies actually do?
3. He’s not a good footballer and shouldn’t be trying to learn his trade on our time.

1. Great hair, great engine, bravery, drive, passion, tenacity.

2. Plays centre midfield for FC Sexy.

3. He is a good footballer and you should never stop learning.

4. Has your missus / mum / boyf said he is super cute?

I’ve been full of praise for Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Holgate, Pickford, Keane, Tosun and even Niassé.

Them posts go unnoticed because people want to have a little bitch if their favourite players come under attack.
O K mate.

Think he would be best next to a Schneiderlin type player so he can drive forward and help back. Has lots of energy so could end up being a good box to box player.

Great to see him captain the team too!

What praise have you given to Keane and Niassé that you don’t think would be warranted by Tom?

What praise have you given to Keane and Niassé that you don’t think would be warranted by Tom?
I’ve seen a big improvement from Keane in the games he played, I’ve seen zero improvement from Davies in three seasons.

Niassé always makes a good impact when he comes on and never gives up. When does Davies ever change a game? Starting or as a sub that applies to.

Of course Holgate isn’t faultless, but he has shown more potential to get it right than what Davies does. When has Davies shown these skills?

One of the only games I’ve sat there and thought Davies had a bit about him was his first game vs. Norwich and the City game. After that, I’m struggling to remember anything worthwhile that he has done.

I'm not sure I'd disagree with that. I think thats a fair analysis too, neither are perfect but you believe Holgate is a better prospect. Thats fair enough. I am not sure I disagree with you though I view them both as quite similar.

I think Norwich and Manchester City as a teenager the lad was the best player on the pitch. I can't think of many examples where I've seen other teenagers do this. So it's quite a high bar to set.

I don't see as many games as I used too, but thought he played in periods away at manchester United last season and at home to the champions Chelsea the season before I thought he played very well for an hour or so (the one where he flattened Costa). To be honest, that run of hames from January to the end of the season I can't think of him having had a bad game. Can you?

So for me he has shown skills in my mind perhaps even better than Holgate, but (certainly last season) has not applied them with the same consistency.

Ironically addressed them games in my reply to your previous post.

You did which I've come back on. But the 2nd question, if he's been average to poor, can you think of a midfield player of his age (or a bit above) who has been good compared to him over the last 3 years mate?

I'm not trying to have a go at you. My point is, is the issue here not just Davies, but the PL is a very difficult league for teenagers to performed well in consistently?

I’ve seen a big improvement from Keane in the games he played, I’ve seen zero improvement from Davies in three seasons.

Niassé always makes a good impact when he comes on and never gives up. When does Davies ever change a game? Starting or as a sub that applies to.

Just for clarification, when you say three seasons, are you including 15/16 when he played 2 games? Or 18/19, which has just started?

I don't think Keane has improved massively, what has improved is the structure around him. He continues to head balls away. However the structure of the team around him and having pace next to him (and a ball player) has allowed him to focus on what he's good at.

I've also seen similar from Davies this season. He's not got to the City/Norwich level but he seems a whole lot better than last season where he was a headless chicken. I think he's also benefitted from the structure that's been put in. Both need to kick on for me and I hope they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back