Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying you're wrong about Davies as a player but I think Silva's decision to give him the captaincy also suggests that he may agree with what I've been saying on here for years - that captaincy is a fairly redundant role in the modern game and is more given as a little perk to the individual rather than with a belief that it will have a material impact on the performance of the team.

I think that may be because there are so few real leaders. I think that any team that has a player that is a genuine leader of men will benefit hugely from them.... that is not to say that Tom Davies is or ever will be such a player.

If you look at players like Keane, Gerrard, Adams to mention just a few they certainly helped make the team greater than the sum of the parts... unfortunately, a rare breed and hard to find.

Inappropriate Behaviour
Congratulations, you`ve just won the maddest post of the day award, which considering some of the stuff on here at the mo, is quite an achievement.

All of those players you`ve mentioned where sent out on loan, as bar Browning, they weren`t deemed to be good enough to be considered as regulars for the first team.

After their loans non of them had progressed sufficiently to considered for the first team and most of them were shipped out.

In other words, they had " plateau`d " > deemed that they weren`t going to get any better.

NOT ONE of them has gone onto play for a team in the Premier League, Long is at Fleetwood and I don`t know if Lundstrum even has a team anymore.

So in other words, the loan didn`t ruin them, they just weren`t good enough for the Premier League and were more suited to the lower leagues, which happens with a lot of young lads.
Davies has already proven he's more than good enough for the prem yet clowns like you think he needs a championship loan HAVAHAHAHAHAHA

Davies has already proven he's more than good enough for the prem yet clowns like you think he needs a championship loan HAVAHAHAHAHAHA

I haven`t worked out yet, which former banned poster you are, but I`ll play along.

If you read my post properly, you`ll see that I was actually saying was that all those players needed to be loaned out, as they weren`t good enough ( still aren`t) to play in the Premier League.

Can you please highlight anything in my post, that says I think that it would be beneficial for Davies to be loaned out.

Soon, my friend, soon.

See, you can’t even give him credit for one of the games he objectively contributed massively to, there’s a clear agenda there. I can acknowledge when Sigurdsson’s played well, and even did with Rooney last season.
It was all Niassé. His energy completely turned that performance around and got Goodison fired up. I’ve credited him on the Norwich and Man City games, no agenda.

I’m baffled if you don’t think the introduction of Niassé turned that result around. It wasn’t Davies that fired Goodison up.

Davies came on as a sub and picked out Niasse for him to score the equaliser, enabling us to take the game on and win it. Before that we hadn’t done a thing. That’s just what happened, you can dance around it as much as you like.

Davies came on as a sub and picked out Niasse for him to score the equaliser, enabling us to take the game on and win it. Before that we hadn’t done a thing. That’s just what happened, you can dance around it as much as you like.
And Niassé’ finishing?

Many, many fans don’t think Davies is good enough, you do. Good for you.

Thankfully he won’t be starting on Saturday, so he won’t be able to put us under pressure by passing the ball to our players when they’ve got two opposition players around them.

And Niassé’ finishing?

Many, many fans don’t think Davies is good enough, you do. Good for you.

Thankfully he won’t be starting on Saturday, so he won’t be able to put us under pressure by passing the ball to our players when they’ve got two opposition players around them.

Actually I think you’ll find what I’ve said is, I’m willing to see how he develops under proper coaching and will judge him when he’s a more finished article. It seems to be a position that makes sense to me like, but it’s ok, you’ll look more awesome and knowledgeable in years to come if your extreme knee jerkery has been proven right.

Actually I think you’ll find what I’ve said is, I’m willing to see how he develops under proper coaching and will judge him when he’s a more finished article. It seems to be a position that makes sense to me like, but it’s ok, you’ll look more awesome and knowledgeable in years to come if your extreme knee jerkery has been proven right.
Same with you and writing Sigurdsson off. A player who has shown ability, but was clearly played out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back