Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final straw for me today. Absolutely useless. The fact that we shipped off Klassen and Besic but kept Davies is a disgrace. I don't care if he's young (he isn't really) or he's a "local lad", he simply isn't good enough. Slow, can't tackle, can't pass, commits stupid fouls...what does he actually do?! Can someone enlighten me?

I'd argue Besic is actually the better player which is saying a lot.

Everyone gushing midweek because he played alright against a poor Championship team and now back to normal against a team that's let's be honest aren't much better. There's no "bias" or "agenda" against him he's just not very good.

At 20 you should have a rough idea on what kind of player he's going to be but I honestly still have no clue. His passing is atrocious, his tackling is poor and he runs around like a headless chicken most of the time. I honestly can't see one attribute that stands out as "Well he always has that in his locker". Lookman has pace, DCL has a aerial ability and strength, what exactly does Davies have?

Let's be honest with ourselves if he wasn't local and he didn't have an "interesting" look about him he'd either still be in the U23s or out on loan.

People want him to succeed and that's great but for some fans to blindly support him and say any negative critiscim of him is wrong and unwarranted well then they just make themselves look foolish. He's a poor player that is somehow getting worse every week.

I honestly don't see a future where he plays for us regularly at all.

Davies looking pretty likely to be part of Marcel’s “Cull 2: Cull Harder” next summer. Huddersfield must be the least talented team in the league and it sounds like Tom’s performance fell somewhere between bang average and horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back