Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a bad performance from him today.

Can't figure out where the Davies who burst onto the scene has gone. Maybe he's only capable of playing in a flat 3 in the middle?

You can forgive him for last season as everyone was woeful and he was moved around a lot in terms of roles, but he needs to improve sharpish.

Definitely a bad performance from him today.

Can't figure out where the Davies who burst onto the scene has gone. Maybe he's only capable of playing in a flat 3 in the middle?

You can forgive him for last season as everyone was woeful and he was moved around a lot in terms of roles, but he needs to improve sharpish.

If he is to have any chance at making it as this level he should concentrate on being a defensive midfielder. He can work on his stamina and ability to track runners. He can't learn how to pick a pass or knit things together. He probably thinks otherwise given the way he carries himself around the pitch.

I blame that abomination know as the man bun he brandishes for his decline in form. When he vibrantly burst on the scene he was rocking the headband. But in reality i feel holding onto besic would of been a superior option or even dowell. Hes had ample oppertunities to prove himself only to produce mediocrity. I feel a loan at lower level to generate confidence would benefit him.

Simply not developing as expected however agree with a previous post last season he was played allover the place. Saw him play full back in 1 game. Give him a chance to develop in 1 position in a structured side.

My issue is he is taking the place of a midfielder who on his current form could do a much better job than he is. He really should have gone out on loan to try to up his game.

My issue is he is taking the place of a midfielder who on his current form could do a much better job than he is. He really should have gone out on loan to try to up his game.

Who is that then? Currently all our other midfielders are injured, he will be on the bench at best when everyone is fit

He is awful. And to be honest he always was. He just had a few good months because Lukaku was dragging half of the opposition and creating a ton of space for teammates including Tom so he could freely run with ball and pass. The moment we sold Lukaku he suddenly appears to look like League One player. Now he just isn't able to turn around with a ball with the enemy player on the back or to properly pass forward because he is lacking the space. Last three games we were basically playing down to ten men from the beginning of the game. He isn't regressing he just wasn't ever good. And the club is destroying the boy with all the hype... just upload another video about a coach who "discovered" Tom Davies like he is some kind of Messi or Ronaldo. Just as with DCL, a loan would be great for him to see if he can shine even on the Championship level, if not, sadly then there is no point in keeping him. I fell in love with the boy from the very first his appearances but all the magic is gone.

Hibbo_davies.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back