Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not rate him because he is not a wordly at 19/20?
Compared to who??

And mooy is a good player, crazy how many players are just thrown out as crap.

You must be used to watchinh a team or world beaters mate, proper super stars in your team for years yeah??

Don't think it's about being a worldy at all. Just think for someone to have played as many games as he has to have seen some form of upward trajectory in his development.

However I still have no idea what he is in the team for and what his supposed strengths are.

Also as for the idea he is going to do a "Barkley" or a "Lukaku" because of the fans.....

He wouldn't even make the bench of a team above us, let alone start.

Don't think it's about being a worldy at all. Just think for someone to have played as many games as he has to have seen some form of upward trajectory in his development.

However I still have no idea what he is in the team for and what his supposed strengths are.

Also as for the idea he is going to do a "Barkley" or a "Lukaku" because of the fans.....

He wouldn't even make the bench of a team above us, let alone start.

Lets see how he develops first before deciding if he is good enough. He may not be, but this treatment and targeting of him wont help.

You would think people will learn. When he burst on the scene everyone started having a pop at ross and saying davies was better.....now its Toms turn. Same will happen and has already started with Dowell.

It will be Benni next....or whoever it is that comes from our u23’s.

Its a trend.

One of the worst post ive ever read. “You dont learn how to pick a pass” thats EXACTLY what you do, and why you dont see many new born babies in midfield.

Really does show the lack of understanding of football from so many people.

Not many players under 21 excell n centre mid anywere in the world, and thats because they dont learn the game till they get older and get that experience.

The lad has loads of qualities and thats why he is always getting picked by managers. He is still learning the game ffs.

I hope some of you that are giving him stick dont treat your own family and young friends like this, utter joke.

Get a grip. You know exactly the point I was making about a player having a natural ability to pick a pass. Look at Fabregas at 17 and even to a lesser extent Barkley when he came through with us. You could tell these players were a cut above others in possession. Davies will never be that type of player regardless of the work he puts in on the training ground.

The only thing Davies has going for him right now is his age. I think he could possibly develop himself into a Lee Cattermole type player if he improved his stamina. That is something he can work on if he wants to.

Its really not very hard to grasp, mate.

I feel like I'm getting it, but then you talk about booing children in school and I'm lost again. As far as I can tell no one is booing Tom Davies. They're criticising now what is over one whole season of average-to-poor performance. The criticism certainly didn't start the second he had a bad game.

He has had a lot of games to learn his position and personally I'd like to see more evidence of him improving in line with the learning curve he faced when he started, but he seems to simply be a bit limited. I think he can improve. I don't think he'll make it here though.

Course he should get a bit of a pass because of his age.

Do you treat kids the same as adults?? Young lads in jobs for not being as good as older blokes doing the job for years?

Was he poor yesterday? Yes. Its happens, lets just wait and see how he develops before getting on his case.

You can see he tries and gives everything he has, it doesnt help when his experienced midfield partners were beyond shocking.
This is where your argument falls down, because the answer is quite unequivocally yes.

If I’ve got a few people doing the same job on my team, on the sand sort of money, one of thems 28 and the other is 20, why on earth would I have different expectations of them?!

While you’re bringing people’s kids and families into it I think it’s only fair to point out that I hope you don’t manage people, because it sounds like you’d be absolutely appalling at it.

Get a grip. You know exactly the point I was making about a player having a natural ability to pick a pass. Look at Fabregas at 17 and even to a lesser extent Barkley when he came through with us. You could tell these players were a cut above others in possession. Davies will never be that type of player regardless of the work he puts in on the training ground.

The only thing Davies has going for him right now is his age. I think he could possibly develop himself into a Lee Cattermole type player if he improved his stamina. That is something he can work on if he wants to.

Wow, so if a player is not as good as Fabregas then he is not good enough.

So you only want Fabregas level players? Else they are not good enough!

Players like vardy would never get a look in with you then.

Lets just give him time and support.

This is where your argument falls down, because the answer is quite unequivocally yes.

If I’ve got a few people doing the same job on my team, on the sand sort of money, one of thems 28 and the other is 20, why on earth would I have different expectations of them?!

While you’re bringing people’s kids and families into it I think it’s only fair to point out that I hope you don’t manage people, because it sounds like you’d be absolutely appalling at it.

But they are not on the same sort of money.

His 2 midfield teammates are on £100k plus a week and 10 years older than him.

Its you who does not understand management if you think you treat those 2 the same. Thats what “development” is all about.

Course he should get a bit of a pass because of his age.

Do you treat kids the same as adults?? Young lads in jobs for not being as good as older blokes doing the job for years??

Was he poor yesterday? Yes. Its happens, lets just wait and see how he develops before getting on his case.

You can see he tries and gives everything he has, it doesnt help when his experienced midfield partners were beyond shocking.

I’m not arguing he tries , I’d try and I’m not saying he’s a bad player . I’m not arguing players have to develop , of course they do . My point was to yours of saying I hope you don’t treat your family like this , which to be honest was a bit ridiculous.

I’ve worked with people younger and older than me and , exactly as you said , learning and growing into the role has to be considered. However it’s not a free pass, you don’t get not to be criticised because you’re 20. If you’re performing a job and particularly if it’s a well paid job expect to be criticised if you don’t perform and yesterday he didn’t .

Wow, so if a player is not as good as Fabregas then he is not good enough.

So you only want Fabregas level players? Else they are not good enough!

Players like vardy would never get a look in with you then.

Lets just give him time and support.

Didn't I just mention Barkley as well who is by no means a world beater? We are probably the 7th best team in the country. That is a high standard for any young player to reach so there will be loads from our academy who fail to make the grade. Look around at the other top teams and how few of their youngsters make it through.

People are simply giving an opinion that they don't rate Davies. That's just the nature of football and always will be. I'm pretty sure everyone wishes he was brilliant but the truth is he has very little impact on games and has been poor for a long time now. If he plays, it is to the detriment of the team.

I’m not arguing he tries , I’d try and I’m not saying he’s a bad player . I’m not arguing players have to develop , of course they do . My point was to yours of saying I hope you don’t treat your family like this , which to be honest was a bit ridiculous.

I’ve worked with people younger and older than me and , exactly as you said , learning and growing into the role has to be considered. However it’s not a free pass, you don’t get not to be criticised because you’re 20. If you’re performing a job and particularly if it’s a well paid job expect to be criticised if you don’t perform and yesterday he didn’t .

Agree with all that, and on yesterdays performance you would saybits not good enough, and he will be told. But because of this performance thay does not make him poor or not good enough.

Its should be a realisation that he is just a kid.

He was very good in the week with the armband on.

Didn't I just mention Barkley as well who is by no means a world beater? We are probably the 7th best team in the country. That is a high standard for any young player to reach so there will be loads from our academy who fail to make the grade. Look around at the other top teams and how few of their youngsters make it through.

People are simply giving an opinion that they don't rate Davies. That's just the nature of football and always will be. I'm pretty sure everyone wishes he was brilliant but the truth is he has very little impact on games and has been poor for a long time now. If he plays, it is to the detriment of the team.

That last paragraph you could be talking about any one of our players....yet its the 19 year old picked on.

But they are not on the same sort of money.

His 2 midfield teammates are on £100k plus a week and 10 years older than him.

Its you who does not understand management if you think you treat those 2 the same. Thats what “development” is all about.
No, development would relate to him getting better, which I’m sure he can. The point you were making was that you wouldn’t have the same expectations of them at the moment, which I absolutely would. Whether one of them has a higher ceiling is a different matter, they would definitely have the same objectives while doing the same job. It’s an actual fact so you’re wasting your time arguing about it.

No, development would relate to him getting better, which I’m sure he can. The point you were making was that you wouldn’t have the same expectations of them at the moment, which I absolutely would. Whether one of them has a higher ceiling is a different matter, they would definitely have the same objectives while doing the same job. It’s an actual fact so you’re wasting your time arguing about it.

Nope, its not a fact. Its your opinion.

And probably why you dont rate any kids, and probably dont like young people in geneal.

Personally, i have managed people vey sucessfully, and trained them up to be leaders in my industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back