Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, its not a fact. Its your opinion.

And probably why you dont rate any kids, and probably dont like young people in geneal.

Personally, i have managed people vey sucessfully, and trained them up to be leaders in my industry.
No mate, the fact that the staff I manage have the same objectives regardless of age is not an opinion, hence me saying it.

Is your industry being a patronising and judgemental Bell? Because I have no doubt at all you could teach people to do that.

No mate, the fact that the staff I manage have the same objectives regardless of age is not an opinion, hence me saying it.

Is your industry being a patronising and judgemental Bell? Because I have no doubt at all you could teach people to do that.

You excell in that.

Typicall old fella jealous of young people.

Probably a park ender packing boxes moaning at young lads.

Agree with all that, and on yesterdays performance you would saybits not good enough, and he will be told. But because of this performance thay does not make him poor or not good enough.

Its should be a realisation that he is just a kid.

He was very good in the week with the armband on.

Against Rotherham reserves at home in the League Cup.

If anything, it shows that he doesn't have the mentality for a Premier League player, as he can only do it against lower league dross with the pressure off.

He's abysmal and the strange personality cult that surrounds him insulates him from proper scrutiny.

Against Rotherham reserves at home in the League Cup.

If anything, it shows that he doesn't have the mentality for a Premier League player, as he can only do it against lower league dross with the pressure off.

He's abysmal and the strange personality cult that surrounds him insulates him from proper scrutiny.

Wow, you must hate life.

I feel for you mate.

Get a grip. You know exactly the point I was making about a player having a natural ability to pick a pass. Look at Fabregas at 17 and even to a lesser extent Barkley when he came through with us. You could tell these players were a cut above others in possession. Davies will never be that type of player regardless of the work he puts in on the training ground.

The only thing Davies has going for him right now is his age. I think he could possibly develop himself into a Lee Cattermole type player if he improved his stamina. That is something he can work on if he wants to.
Harry Kane was playing league 1 at 21yrs of age. If every coach was like you he’d be consigned to playing league 1 for the rest of his career. Bring back big Sam he don’t like youth. Davies is on a steep learning curve. If he plays simple he’s attacked for been too negative. If he tries to thread a pass and it doesn’t come off he’s branded useless. He’s playing against seasoned internationals. Same goes for Holgate. He played some ambitious passes yesterday that didn’t quite come off and made a couple of naive tackles which took the pressure off Huddersfield but the endeavour is there and he is developing into a good player in my opinion.

I'm trying to adopt a similar mindset. Given the circumstances around the club over the last 12 months, and the fact that he's still very young, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.. for now. He will still have a point to prove like.

Hilarious that the only defence of him is his age. Where were you all defending Sandro? If I could be bothered, I’d vault you all.

Noodle head gets a pass because he’s from Liverpool, supports Everton and came through our academy. That’s enough for some. Doesn’t take away from the fact he’s terrible at football.

Harry Kane was playing league 1 at 21yrs of age. If every coach was like you he’d be consigned to playing league 1 for the rest of his career. Bring back big Sam he don’t like youth. Davies is on a steep learning curve. If he plays simple he’s attacked for been too negative. If he tries to thread a pass and it doesn’t come off he’s branded useless. He’s playing against seasoned internationals. Same goes for Holgate. He played some ambitious passes yesterday that didn’t quite come off and made a couple of naive tackles which took the pressure off Huddersfield but the endeavour is there and he is developing into a good player in my opinion.
No, Harry Kane was 17 when he played in league one. At 21 he scored 21 PL goals and another 10 in other competitions. Not a great comparison.

I can only see Davies as a nothing player at the moment. He is young yes, but we do not see any flashes of brilliance from him and now if he does a simple pass you can feel the relief that he hasn't ballsed up again. He is not even close to being adequate for us I am afraid. Once Gana comes back with Gomes and Bernard you will not see much of him. He hasn't taken his chance and has had ample opportunities

I think people need to work out that our academy prospects are never going to be anything other than average. We have this horrible habit of expecting every player to be some world class Rooney mk2 which realistically will never happen. Davies will likely never be more than a squad filler and an option to come off the bench

Think he's going to be sound in the long run and can make the place his own, but he's not right now and so should be dropped if we're looking to push on from last season.
Think if he wasn't a local lad and wasn't young people wouldn't have any objection to removing him while his appearances are this level.
Remove him from the spotlight, let him go on loan and develop and come back the player we want, rather than forcing something which clearly isn't working right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back