Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva himself said he’s not a kid anymore, he’s a professional footballer. Age shouldn’t come into this.
Good point. If you aren’t good enough at 20, you stink and will never make it.

Davies was outstanding against Southampton and fine against Bournemouth. But now we should write him off. Never mind that he’s 20, that’s no excuse for him being consistent. Do u realize how insane that sounds?

Kieran Dowell is also a professional football player. He’s not good enough to be in the side because we have depth at his positions. Should we write him off, too?

Davies was outstanding against Southampton and fine against Bournemouth. But now we should write him off. Never mind that he’s 20, that’s no excuse for him being consistent. Do u realize how insane that sounds?

Kieran Dowell is also a professional football player. He’s not good enough to be in the side because we have depth at his positions. Should we write him off, too?

Where have I written anyone off? I’m just sick of reading people excusing poor performances because of his age. Sometimes you can be 20 or 28 and just not be that good.

And if you think he was outstanding vs Southampton you need to read the dictionary definition of outstanding.

We have McCarthy Gomes and Davies for that specific central midfield role. Gana and Sncheiderlin are out and defensive midfielders for me.
Agreed. One of those three are healthy so he has to play. He’s young, he’ll get exposed at times because he still has weaknesses in his game. This is pretty basic, really.

Where have I written anyone off? I’m just sick of reading people excusing poor performances because of his age. Sometimes you can be 20 or 28 and just not be that good.

And if you think he was outstanding vs Southampton you need to read the dictionary definition of outstanding.
But it’s a valid reason. If it’s not the reason, then you don’t believe he’s ever going to be good, thus writing him off.

We have McCarthy Gomes and Davies for that specific central midfield role. Gana and Sncheiderlin are out and defensive midfielders for me.
McCarthy is an out and out defensive midfielder, and in the rare situation he actually finds himself fit our best out and out defensive midfielder. Needs binning and off the wage bill.

But it’s a valid reason. If it’s not the reason, then you don’t believe he’s ever going to be good, thus writing him off.

Where did I say he’s never going to be good? You can’t just dig conclusions from my words that aren’t there.

Right now, he’s a pretty poor player. Will he get better? Maybe. But right now, which is all I care about considering that’s all we can watch, he’s bang average.

The lad is doing ok....
He brings positive energy, forward running, intensity, tackling & general midfield attributes....
Needs to work on his passing & shooting ability....

Your peak age is around 25 ....he still learning & will improve....

He’s inconsistent.

It’s almost like he’s a 20 year old that still is developing, yet he’s being asked to start in central midfield and make up the severe limitations of our other backup #6.

Wait...

If anything, consistent is the one thing he is....

He will improve dramatically under Silva especially with players like Bernard, Sigurdsson and Gomes as competition.

He became our youngest captain on Wednesday and I just think he needed a rest Saturday as he looked off the pace but we sadly didn't have the options so he played.

Agreed he needs to become more consistent and he has to work harder in doing so but you cannot doubt his commitment to Everton and desire to make us better even if he do sometimes let's his heart rule his head.

He will be vital in the latter stages of the season.

Neither of these are accurate.

He shows up the crabs in the team for what they are and because of that the crab protection society on here wish to smear him. Silva giving him the captaincy must have cut so deep. I dread to think what you’ll do if Gomes comes in and starts playing all sort of forward balls ‘too lightweight him’ ‘belongs in the second division in Spain’ ‘it’s because of him that Gueye and Schneiderlin look so poor’

He shows up the crabs in the team for what they are and because of that the crab protection society on here wish to smear him. Silva giving him the captaincy must have cut so deep. I dread to think what you’ll do if Gomes comes in and starts playing all sort of forward balls ‘too lightweight him’ ‘belongs in the second division in Spain’ ‘it’s because of him that Gueye and Schneiderlin look so poor’
Cheer because we won't be playing Davies any longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back