Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs an actual position and style of play, pinpointed for him, that he sticks to and improves on. Difficult for him when, it seems like he's deemed to be another Kevin Richardson type, although that's not to be sniffed at given the medals he won?
61ZJO7oc8WL._SX355_.jpg

He is our 5th choice cm. Judge him as such and it makes more sense tbh

Exactly, I don't know what fans' problem is. Are they annoyed he's not Rooney. He's a blue like one of us and gets the most stick, it's stupid. He'll be a good squad player throughout his career here. Fans know he's not Ronaldo so I don't get the hate.

Exactly, I don't know what fans' problem is. Are they annoyed he's not Rooney. He's a blue like one of us and gets the most stick, it's stupid. He'll be a good squad player throughout his career here. Fans know he's not Ronaldo so I don't get the hate.
I just think because hes one of us we see him as someone who should grab the game by the balls and should lead by example, He just doesnt...at present. He is however younger than my youngest son...and he cant even get out of bed on his own without a wake up call so I guess we have to be a wee bit more patient.

He’s inconsistent.

It’s almost like he’s a 20 year old that still is developing, yet he’s being asked to start in central midfield and make up the severe limitations of our other backup #6.

Wait...

Not selling him was one of Brands's few failures this summer
Who else would play as a #8? Gomes isn’t healthy and we are much better with him and Gana than Schneiderlin, who we know will be mediocre. At least Davies has some good games in him.

Who else would play as a #8? Gomes isn’t healthy and we are much better with him and Gana than Schneiderlin, who we know will be mediocre. At least Davies has some good games in him.
Davies hasn't put in a good game in quite some time mate, its not even a matter of "some good games in him". He needs a spell on the bench with a few short spells off the bench.

We have McCarthy Gomes and Davies for that specific central midfield role. Gana and Sncheiderlin are out and defensive midfielders for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back