Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's struggled at times, but nowhere near as badly as some are making out. Young players need to develop and the manager clearly sees something in him, considering he made him captain for the cup game.

When did we become such grim fans?

Pickford's getting it again in his thread too.

Will we ever learn?

Its horrible mate, I just dont get the bile and hatred towards our own players. Its really embarasing.

Massively let down by the players around him.

At times he was the only one picking the ball up and looking forward, but had no movement in front of him.

However, he still could've used the ball a lot better as Digne was constantly in acres and wasn't found.

Nice to see everyone in here being reasoned though

Two fatties sat behind me in the main stand screaming at Tom every time he did anything from the very first minute.

I genuinely don't know why some people bother going the match, they must lead pretty miserable lives.

Two fatties sat behind me in the main stand screaming at Tom every time he did anything from the very first minute.

I genuinely don't know why some people bother going the match, they must lead pretty miserable lives.

The audible groans everytime he makes a mistake are clear as day at the ground.

Fella infront of me giving him dogs abuse from first minute to last. Even when he played a simple pass to retain possession it was met with 'Get if forward FFS Davies'

He couldn't believe Sigurdsson was taken off, even though he had about five touches all game. At least Davies was noticed and had some sort of impact.

The audible groans everytime he makes a mistake are clear as day at the ground.

Fella infront of me giving him dogs abuse from first minute to last. Even when he played a simple pass to retain possession it was met with 'Get if forward FFS Davies'

He couldn't believe Sigurdsson was taken off, even though he had about five touches all game. At least Davies was noticed and had some sort of impact.

Exactly that same by me mate, the lad can't do anything right in some peoples eyes. He was poor, and has been for sometime but i'll never understand what good middle aged fatties screaming abuse at a young lad does. He has to play at the moment cos we've literally got no other options yet still people can't lay off him.

Everyone of them were poor on Saturday yet there's only Tom who gets such a toxic level of stick. Our fans always need a boo boy and it looks like it's Davies' turn until he's forced out the club.

He’s poor now, but was he ever that good? Like his debut season was he actually any good? I genuinely can’t even remember.

He seemed to provide a better balance to the squad that allowed Schneirderlin and Barkley to flourish for 4 months. I don't recall him ever playing amazingly well outside of that match against City.

He played in the advanced slot of a midfield 3 in that season and Barkley was moved over to the right if I remember. He's never going to get played in attacking midfield again for us given our options once Bernard comes back but that's maybe his best position.

Thought he was crap against Huddersfield but that's alright. It wasn't his fault we didn't win.

He's 19 and playing under his first real coach in the first team. He's shown bits and pieces of real quality. I think he'll come good with the right support from Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back