Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a similar age gylfi was loaned out from reading to league 2 shrewsbury town. It's too early (and pathetic) for people to be calling him terrible at football ect. Typical of modern day footy fans.

and he was loaned out because he was not at the time good enough. He gained experience and progressively got better but he was not good enough for Reading. Same applies to Tom Davies......not good enough for us (could be in the future) so loan him out. He is not offering anything for us at the moment so we cannot afford to play him week in week out with the hope he might turn good. We need a good player now so a loan could do him the world of good

You are talking mainly about forward passing so I agree with most of what you said but can you explain why he struggles with side passes also and some back passes are also wayward. He is not in control of his passing. He is unaware of what is around him. He can learn this with time but presently he is not a player that is enhancing our play but is rather detrimental to our play.
Agree his mid to long range passing on the ground needs to be more precise, quicker and crispy. And major improvement in long range floated passes which he rarely attempts.
I've got a feeling he's not working on this enough, spending too much time in the rondos.
But would like to see his stats on passing accuracy for all types of passes, cause I don't think its nearly as bad as people are making out.

He was poor yesterday and I haven't see anything that would make me think he's going to make it at this level. But when you're playing next to an experienced, former French international who refuses to show any leadership or take any responsibility and seems like he's going to play sideways passes for the rest of his career, the lad is at at least showing ambition in trying to pass the ball forward. He's probably trying too hard to compensate for the mercenary standing next to him.

The lad is still learning the game & has done well....
He has limited passing ability & shooting skills but has enthusiasm,energy,good tackler & positive forward play adding to his game....

He is still young & will improve on all aspects of his game....

The lad is still learning the game & has done well....
He has limited passing ability & shooting skills but has enthusiasm,energy,good tackler & positive forward play adding to his game....

He is still young & will improve on all aspects of his game....

I agree. Same as Rashford at United now, difficult time in his development but still loads of potential.

It's just that he should be on our bench like Rashford is at United, rather than costing us by underperforming in a starting eleven while he's going through footballing growing pains.

FFS, when he's out on the pitch he looks like he's trying to carry the whole club on his shoulders, at 20yrs of age. He doesn't need to be dropped, he needs support!
This is the crux of it for me. After last season where there was an absence of people giving a toss, Davies was one of the few to look like they actually cared. He's carried that through to this season and that is to his credit but it doesn't necessarily help the team. I take your point about Huddersfield's tactics but he has to figure out how to play against deep lying, packed defences and he will also have to realise that he doesn't have to make everything happen all by himself. As I said, his commitment, passion and enthusiasm is to be commended (it was sorely lacking in a great many of his more storied peers last year) but at times it is exactly these traits that can make him less effective on the pitch. He needs to either sort that out and be more measured with his passing or he'll end up on the sidelines which would be a shame.

Looked a player when he first started playing first team. That goal he scored against city at Goodison was a werldy.

Stunk the gaff out since he got his new contract.

It's a strange one but when Davies came on the science it was mainly because Gueye was at the ACON, but now I think Davies struggles because he doesn't usually play in midfield with Gueye, imo pair them 2 together and it would work out much better for Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back