2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are better out there who are younger tho, Mason Mount, the young Chelsea lad on loan at Derby for example. He is streets ahead of Davies already. Lampard has said he should be playing in the PL, and Southgate went to watch him recently as it looks like he may get a senior call up.[/QUOTE

Mason Mount is a fine young player , who really played well at Vitesse on loan an last year. He’s only six months younger than Davies, and I watched them both playing together for England u21s the other week. Mount was on the right , scored a decent goal , Davies played centrally and was much more involved in the game as a result. To say he was streets ahead of Davies in that match would be completely wrong, and fine player though he is you would have to judge him on PL appearances to say he’s streets ahead.
I would say Phil Foden is streets ahead of Davies.

So er, Captain Davies to the rescue. For me, a throw of the dice to help him buckle down and 'show it' or otherwise justify moving a potential home favourite into a squad player, until he shows more. The only part of that where I sort of feel for Tom is that Arsenal away is a bit of a tough game to prove you absolutely have the right stuff. Do it Tom. Show us you're the real deal and that we can focus on a CF come Christmas instead of ANOTHER midfielder :)

Status
Not open for further replies.