2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a typical Tom Davies game. Some nice stuff, great ball for Dcl but again too lightweight and slow in mind and play. What makes my blood boil is he never runs with the ball anymore,which I always thought was his best asset. On the odd time he does and beats someone he then pkays for the foul Arteta style

I'm not ready to say he can't be good but he cannot play as a true DM or in a two man midfield. Put someone disciplined behind him and let him go box to box and hunt for tackles you might get somewhere with it. We've yet to try that consistently. I think that game against City on his debut was exactly that and the number of times since he's been allowed to do something similar is no more than a handful.

When our defenders have the ball, he hides out of line of sight behind opposition strikers / midfield. It's totally unforgivable.

Didn't watch the game but have seen some of the comments...

We struggled & were fortunate to get a draw agaInst a mid table side who have shown some form lately...

No surprises as we have struggled all season with a mediocre squad full of injury prone players & a lack of quality espeicially going forward.

what’s that got to do with Tom Davies having an no show

Another bum dosser.

Stop with the excuses now please. He isn't "hit or miss" he isn't "in need of a run", he'll never "find some consistency".

Offers absolutely nothing, garbage player.

I'm not ready to say he can't be good but he cannot play as a true DM or in a two man midfield. Put someone disciplined behind him and let him go box to box and hunt for tackles you might get somewhere with it. We've yet to try that consistently. I think that game against City on his debut was exactly that and the number of times since he's been allowed to do something similar is no more than a handful.

Well if he’s incapable of playing in a 2man midfield then he has no future here, thankfully.

Sadly hes picked up the everton disease of sideways and backwards, ye played one decent pass forward, that's it for the whole game .

Well if he’s incapable of playing in a 2man midfield then he has no future here, thankfully.
Honestly the two man midfield might not have a future either. Maybe with the right players it can work itself out but teams are either overrunning us or easily keeping us from moving the ball forward right now.

Honestly the two man midfield might not have a future either. Maybe with the right players it can work itself out but teams are either overrunning us or easily keeping us from moving the ball forward right now.

That remains to be seen and I’m sure we’ll get a big indication of that by who Ancelotti signs during the transfer window. My guess is he will stick with it. Why else would he be currently persisting with it if he had players who aren’t apparently capable of playing in a 2 man midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back