2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not good enough in any aspect of the game to play midfield, I can’t see a role for him. Unfortunately the rest of the midfield are the same. Holgate would appear to be the only answer, unfortunately he is the only answer at centre half as well.

Davies would've been better concentrating on one aspect/position. He tries to do it all and doesn't do anything very well.

I think his best chance would've been as a defensive mid breaking the play but his positional sense is awful and he's too weak to win the duels you need to in that area.

Davies would've been better concentrating on one aspect/position. He tries to do it all and doesn't do anything very well.

I think his best chance would've been as a defensive mid breaking the play but his positional sense is awful and he's too weak to win the duels you need to in that area.
I think he’s better higher up the pitch, but your right him and the other centre mids don’t look like they know there roles

How on earth he's reached 100 PL games is mind-blowing

Actually embarrassing for the club that, how is that we're that bad and short of options we've had to use this lad so much over the past few years? He's miles, and I mean MILES, below the standard required. Other than Norwich and Bournemouth (and look where they are) I genuinely can't think of one PL side he'd get into.

The new Hibbert. A cult hero to some, the buffoons who don't care about seeing their club being successful just as long as everyone is luvvy with each other, and a indictment of everything wrong with Everton to the people like myself who are fed up of seeing us being an irrelevant no marks in English football's pyramid.

You Say like a 22 year old should be the finished article? Gomes, iwobi, Bernard, siggy and a few others are older and costing the club a lot more money surely they should be out the door first

They should be yeah, along with Davies, Davies gets away with more because he's local, it's the hallmark of small time mentality, he's not good enough

You Say like a 22 year old should be the finished article? Gomes, iwobi, Bernard, siggy and a few others are older and costing the club a lot more money surely they should be out the door first

Think he has future, more down to his position he plays in. However, that's no rining endorsement after last night...

Needs a loan .....worked wonders for Coleman / Holgate ...still young enough to progress but needs a change of scenery !

The ball to DCL was an absolute peach

But everything else was absolutely shocking yesterday.

1. Lost out on nearly every 50/50 by not being aggressive and sharp

2. Wasn't set to receive the ball multiple times which is a complete lack of focus and unacceptable

3. Had multiple times to pick passes quicker, sharper and failed.

He can't complain that he hasn't been given chances/minutes to really stake his claim because there's midfield slots there for the taking.

Its a shame, he just hasn't kicked on and I would have thought these few games behind closed doors might have done him the world of good but it's only shown his limitations even more.

Really baffles me how some fans go for this guy when he literally just gets picked every week. He has never been good enough, runs round, and is out of his depth most weeks. People slaughter him, yet allow the people in charge who have made him a starter in our midfield get off Scot free. Tom Davies, In my opinion, gives his best every week. It’s miles away from what we need but his stats proved again today that he ran more than any Everton player. We all know he’s not good enough. Please have a go at the powers that be that have allowed him to still be in our first team after 4 transfer windows.

Really baffles me how some fans go for this guy when he literally just gets picked every week. He has never been good enough, runs round, and is out of his depth most weeks. People slaughter him, yet allow the people in charge who have made him a starter in our midfield get off Scot free. Tom Davies, In my opinion, gives his best every week. It’s miles away from what we need but his stats proved again today that he ran more than any Everton player. We all know he’s not good enough. Please have a go at the powers that be that have allowed him to still be in our first team after 4 transfer windows.

It's because this is the Tom Davies thread. It's genuinely not more complicated than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back