Votes: 199 61.8%
  • Off

Votes: 59 18.3%
  • Cheese On Toast

Votes: 64 19.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early days, but no reason for us to not have any optimism. So far we've been the only side not to have dropped any silly points against sides that we would've done so against in the past. Again we are only 5 games in, but already we've seen Chelsea and Spurs blow 3 goals leads against mid table/bottom half sides, United lose at home to Palace and fluke a result against Brighton, City concede 5 at home to Leicester, the list goes on...

You can make an argument that, with who we've played in our opening 5 games, we would've drawn/lost them in any other season, even last season alone.

We will need some luck with injuries or lack of rather, but we've managed ok so far on that front and now we don't have 2 games a week until mid December, so with some time between games, I'm (cautiously) optimistic that we can have a good push for top 4, even at a very early stage.

6th or 7th is still the realistic target imo. If we're still in top 4 by time new year comes around I might start to dream about top 4

Early days, but no reason for us to not have any optimism. So far we've been the only side not to have dropped any silly points against sides that we would've done so against in the past. Again we are only 5 games in, but already we've seen Chelsea and Spurs blow 3 goals leads against mid table/bottom half sides, United lose at home to Palace and fluke a result against Brighton, City concede 5 at home to Leicester, the list goes on...

We've actually been the only side so far this season where you can say we haven't dropped stupid points against sides that we should be beating and when you look at our opening 5 games, you can make an argument that we would've drawn/lost them in any other season, even last season alone.

We will need some luck with injuries or lack of rather, but we've managed ok so far on that front and now we don't have 2 games a week until mid December, so with some time between games, I'm (cautiously) optimistic that we can have a good push for top 4, even at a very early stage.

Villa??

I’m not really concerned about Dom getting injured because the majority of his work his done off the ball. Chances are he won’t be a victim of flying challenges as opposed to Richy and James. This is why I wish we had gone in and signed one more forward/winger ala Zaha, Sarr, King, etc. I think we are safe at central striker barring a freak accident

Early days for talk of top 4 and what not. Just gotta take each game as it comes and get as many points as we can. I trust in the manager to get the best he can out of this team. Said before the season started would be delighted if we can finish in the top 8 this season and still stand by that.

This I can genuinely get behind.

The way Spurs, Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool have dropped points this year is a big sign. Only team who haven’t dropped points for me is Arsenal and there’s no shame in losing to 1st and 2nd away.

But avoid injuries or any other set backs like further suspension and why not. We know this is already going to be a weird season, so why not?

This I can genuinely get behind.

The way Spurs, Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool have dropped points this year is a big sign. Only team who haven’t dropped points for me is Arsenal and there’s no shame in losing to 1st and 2nd away.

But avoid injuries or any other set backs like further suspension and why not. We know this is already going to be a weird season, so why not?
Villa havent dropped a single point yet.

Our first 11 have absolutely clicked together. We lack the depth needed to sustain a challenge over a season I think, unless we get lucky with injuries

I think other than Liverpool, City, Chelsea & Spurs not many teams do have the squad depth.

Im hoping we can keep picking up points and make it to January in a respectable position which could see us give it a proper challenge. Maybe then Moshiri will dig deep into his pockets again and see it as a great chance for us to push on.

I think with a start like ours you’ve got to calibrate your sights as high as you can. Aim to win the league, until you’re out of that fight. Then top 4 until that’s not on. Then Europe.

If you’re not aiming as high as you can all the time, you’re cultivating an attitude of “that’ll do” and underselling yourselves.

I think we can break the top 6 this season, but I want the team to be aiming higher than that. Shoot for the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back