Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can’t stop thinking about their 4th goal

Where were our midfield and defence

So at 3-0 they decide to go gung ho and push forward for what? For a consolation goal?

So you lose your entire shape and you push forward in an attempt for a mere consolation

Amateur hour

Not only does it backfire spectacularly we concede a fourth goal with their Defender running the entire length of the pitch

Saw a Telegraph headline on Maupay saying the players were heckled at London Euston but article was behind the pay wall. Anyone know what went on there?

Saw a Telegraph headline on Maupay saying the players were heckled at London Euston but article was behind the pay wall. Anyone know what went on there?
A drunk fella called him a rat and he's taken it upon himself to compare multi-millionaire young footballers who can retire at 21 to 40 hour a week, 30 grand a year workers that need to work until their late 60s.

A drunk fella called him a rat and he's taken it upon himself to compare multi-millionaire young footballers who can retire at 21 to 40 hour a week, 30 grand a year workers that need to work until their late 60s.

Thanks GT - randomly just got served the video about 5 minutes ago. How bizarre. Seemed like some fans were actually there too greet the players but this guy was livid. This type of thing has never motivated players. Gordon / Mina post match, Stones at the service station etc.

Thanks GT - randomly just got served the video about 5 minutes ago. How bizarre. Seemed like some fans were actually there too greet the players but this guy was livid. This type of thing has never motivated players. Gordon / Mina post match, Stones at the service station etc.
True but you can understand it, even if you wouldn't condone it. The combination of alcohol, patience long having been lost, and being a few hundred quid lighter makes it easy to see why a small number of fellas have this kind of release.

These fans, without stereotyping (just factually speaking) are likely to have paid bout 60% of their weekly wage to have been delivered that insipid performance. That when you see a bunch of young lads with more money than they could spend in several lifetimes. It's never gonna end well unless you see a bit of pride on display.

As long as it doesn't spill over into racism or anything physical I don't think it's too bad, although obviously it doesn't reflect well on the club. It's just a sign of exactly where the club is it.

Big win against Doncaster to get a bit of positivity back then a point or three against Bournemouth at home before the inevitable set-back against Villa away.
Leicester away and Palace at home will set the tone for the rest of the season. If we have 6 or more points by end of Sep then I think we will be ok. If not, Dyche will be blaming everyone else (with some justification it must be said) and a panicked board will be looking for yet another manager ‘to turn things around’.

Big win against Doncaster to get a bit of positivity back then a point or three against Bournemouth at home before the inevitable set-back against Villa away.
Leicester away and Palace at home will set the tone for the rest of the season. If we have 6 or more points by end of Sep then I think we will be ok. If not, Dyche will be blaming everyone else (with some justification it must be said) and a panicked board will be looking for yet another manager ‘to turn things around’.
The players confidence will be on the floor, already. We had a largely insipid pre season and two shots on target and -7 GD after two games will deflate any squad. Compounding this is the lack of any plan or tactics whatsoever on Saturday. The manager's philosophy is done, everyone can see how simple it is to set up against. Long ball to Harrison and a one footed left winger trying to feed an immobile #10 and a switched off striker. And no central midfield exacerbating this which results in the 92% possession stat Spurs had for the first 12 mins. He is unwilling or incapable of changing from the only 'system' he knows and appears afraid of the attacking alternatives he has available, perhaps he is unable to work with faster more adaptable attacking players.

Am only seeing a cup exit and another Bournemouth loss upcoming this week. Change of leadership in the dugout and the training ground urgently required.

True but you can understand it, even if you wouldn't condone it. The combination of alcohol, patience long having been lost, and being a few hundred quid lighter makes it easy to see why a small number of fellas have this kind of release.

These fans, without stereotyping (just factually speaking) are likely to have paid bout 60% of their weekly wage to have been delivered that insipid performance. That when you see a bunch of young lads with more money than they could spend in several lifetimes. It's never gonna end well unless you see a bit of pride on display.

As long as it doesn't spill over into racism or anything physical I don't think it's too bad, although obviously it doesn't reflect well on the club. It's just a sign of exactly where the club is it.
I completely understand their frustration, but let’s be honest it happens time and time again, so it shouldn’t come as a complete surprise to away fans when it happens to justify that sort of behaviour. I get the fact that most away fans will be working class people spending their hard earned money (and it a big chunk of disposable income) and the away support deservedly has been lauded over the years for their unwavering support, but to act like that is just ridiculous. It just strengthen the public perception of us as a supporter base because of one or two idiots.

Very worrying watching the first 2 games. Pre season was a joke. More worried this season then last season.

The full back situation is comical and dangerous and downright stupid. How can the club and manger think this is OK?.

DLC is a massive issue and we need goals and this guy might have given up which leaves Beto and that scares me cos he not good enough at this level.

Dyche got to turn this round quickly or he will have to go as I think he being stubborn with his line up. If he wants to play it this way then goodbye.

I completely understand their frustration, but let’s be honest it happens time and time again, so it shouldn’t come as a complete surprise to away fans when it happens to justify that sort of behaviour. I get the fact that most away fans will be working class people spending their hard earned money (and it a big chunk of disposable income) and the away support deservedly has been lauded over the years for their unwavering support, but to act like that is just ridiculous. It just strengthen the public perception of us as a supporter base because of one or two idiots.
The comments on the social post I saw - the usual mix of anti scouse, benefits, boo boys, best stadium in the championship. Usual dross from the bottom of the football barrel. But we just ask for it with ridiculous engagements with players like this. Would you fancy coming to the club in this window after that? We’re a passionate fanbase and we’re all massively frustrated that those ant the top absolutely blew our chance when we had some money. It’ll take us a while to recover, likely many seasons until we’re in the top 8 again. But telling the players where to go as they get on the train. Swearing. Aggressive. Mad that.

Tough to believe we’re objectively evaluating Keane when we’re desperately trying to blame him for the keeper taking too heavy a touch and gifting a goal.
It's Pickford's mistake

But Keane leaves him with one option: take a touch and wind up to clear it long

A better CB is reading the situation and pulls into the left back slot to offer an alternative route out just in case the first touch is too heavy.

That is all I'm saying: he doesn't read the danger enough, doesn't seem to be ready to cover for those around him.

Running on fumes, have been for a few seasons, players and support are in shell-shock.

If it was a boxing bout, the towel would be being throw in.

Fighting for your life is a last ditch option, going to that well to often eventually saps the last of the reserves.

Have parts of the football club accepted the inevitable and are waiting for the descent of freedom and lesser expectation?

It's Pickford's mistake

But Keane leaves him with one option: take a touch and wind up to clear it long

A better CB is reading the situation and pulls into the left back slot to offer an alternative route out just in case the first touch is too heavy.

That is all I'm saying: he doesn't read the danger enough, doesn't seem to be ready to cover for those around him.
They are coached not to do that. Pickford is coached to go long.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back