Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mate the evidence is stark bloody clear.

When Keane plays we concede on average three times as many goals as when he doesn't.

Doesn't matter if he 'doesn't f up' the evidence is when he's in the starting lineup we concede three times more than when he isn't.
I've seen this stat and it's a bit mad in my opinion mate, people were using a similar one to say Coady should be in the starting 11 even when he was off his game. Keane came in and actually had a decent run, esp against Brentford and Spurs in 22/23.

Personally I think unless you've got the complete player alternate them every few weeks. Coady came back into the squad for Bournemouth and we won so switching it up every month or two might be the solution.

There was a period where people insisted we couldn’t win without Doucoure too
Felt sorry for him the last few weeks, it is hard to say what he's actually doing wrong specifically but he really stuck out at the Brighton game as just being off the pace. If we weren't stuck for options going forward I'd say move him into number 8 or full-back to extend his career.

McNeil and Harrison, whilst neither of them actually being the worst winger we have ever had, are IMO the worst pair of wingers we have had as regular starters ever.

Or at least for a very long time.

There is zero pace, zero crosses, zero creativity, zero threat from our flanks.
Everything Everton do is predictable.

Doesn't even need in-depth all angle analysis. Just casually watch one Everton match on sky and you'll have the gist of it.

I expect the players themselves are bored of a never evolving game plan. Some new players in the mix but only as bench warmers.

Spurs fan at the game yesterday - I think your away fans need their heads testing £100 plus all in to watch that, they must be mental.

Robbing the ball off us on the halfway line for a 3v3 and Mc Neil runs it back to your 18 yard box. We’re poor at the back and wide open, letting a geriatric Vardy score last week, but I’ve seen more attacking intent in roadkill than I have that Everton side.

Good luck, I hope better times are around the corner for you and especially your excellent away fans

The phrase being a Jonah exists for a reason mate, in his last 9 games for us we have conceded 26 goals

So if Keane plays on average we have to score 3 to get a point and 4 to win.

In the last 31 games we have played without him, we have conceded 31 goals.

So put that into context

With Keane playing
Played 9 conceded 26

Without Keane playing
Played 31 conceded 31.

I seem to remember Conor Coady had the opposite impact. I know a lot of people didn't like him, but always felt his talking, organisation and leadership helped others.

Just watched the goals on MOTD. I notice that another one of our 'brave' players turned his back on the ball as he went to block the first goal. Fair play though, it might have stung him a bit and we can't have that.

I've reached a point where I can only be bothered with the team if they give me something to get (moderately) excited about.

Turned off after the second goal yesterday.

Turned off last week when Young got sent off.

Even that level of committment is overly optimistic.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back