Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
I go back to start mate - I don’t think we have quality players, even players with a variance of tools or attributes.

I think the last two games - given our quality - we would get stuffed because we have worse players, different tactic's or philodpry I think we get stuffed - in fa t we have under other mangers with different approaches.

The platers aren’t good enough.

The only thing that will see us competitive is attitude and fight - there in not even that at the moment.
Nah, atttude or fight or whatever that people decide they have to do in place of being decent at football is always a choice. It’s never acceptable.

I said this at the game today. On social media people being edgy saying Keane not that bad today. Which he wasn't. But it's the impact he has on everyone around him.

He drags Tarkowski and Pickford down.
I agree Keane definitely caused Pickford to be an utter moron.

This isn’t even to defend Keane but we’ve gone beyond reason with this. His presence doesn’t mean every other person has to be utter crap.

I said this at the game today. On social media people being edgy saying Keane not that bad today. Which he wasn't. But it's the impact he has on everyone around him.

He drags Tarkowski and Pickford down.

The phrase being a Jonah exists for a reason mate, in his last 9 games for us we have conceded 26 goals

So if Keane plays on average we have to score 3 to get a point and 4 to win.

In the last 31 games we have played without him, we have conceded 31 goals.

So put that into context

With Keane playing
Played 9 conceded 26

Without Keane playing
Played 31 conceded 31.

This isn’t even to defend Keane but we’ve gone beyond reason with this. His presence doesn’t mean every other person has to be utter crap.

Mate the evidence is stark bloody clear.

When Keane plays we concede on average three times as many goals as when he doesn't.

Doesn't matter if he 'doesn't f up' the evidence is when he's in the starting lineup we concede three times more than when he isn't.

Mate the evidence is stark bloody clear.

When Keane plays we concede on average three times as many goals as when he doesn't.

Doesn't matter if he 'doesn't f up' the evidence is when he's in the starting lineup we concede three times more than when he isn't.
There was a period where people insisted we couldn’t win without Doucoure too

McNeil, Harrison, Calvert Lewin = accepting defeat in EVERY game.

Quite likely the worst 'front three' in the football league.

McNeil and Harrison, whilst neither of them actually being the worst winger we have ever had, are IMO the worst pair of wingers we have had as regular starters ever.

Or at least for a very long time.

There is zero pace, zero crosses, zero creativity, zero threat from our flanks.

Having such a bad player can kill the confidence of everyone in the team. It makes everyone less brave in possession and in movement because they know if they take a risk with a pass or forward run they might leave Keane badly exposed. Having a solid defence is incredibly important and we have probably the worst centre half in the league as a starter. I struggle to remember a worst centre half for Everton in all my time watching us. Just lacks the basic athleticism to be a premier league player.

McNeil and Harrison, whilst neither of them actually being the worst winger we have ever had, are IMO the worst pair of wingers we have had as regular starters ever.

Or at least for a very long time.

There is zero pace, zero crosses, zero creativity, zero threat from our flanks.
And this is the reason why DCL can't score and won't.

Dyche needs to see this otherwise we are down

that's quite a stat about goals scored when keane playes
If only… clubs had people whose full time job was to unearth useful insight and statistics like this. It’d almost be like… clubs have been doing that for years.

Ours are probably focusing on training stats or something and judging them on those.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back