Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here's one of from left of field. As we have no lightening quick pace on the wings, if we are still in the game with half an hour to go, is it worth putting Dixon on on the wing. I've been watching all the highlights of the reserves/ 21's/23's or whatever we call them at the moment and one thing seems apparent. This kid is very very quick and hits a very good cross. I appreciate playing him at full back would put him under pressure, but, with that pace,the may be worth bringing on around the hour mark against tired legs.

Harrison - 1 goal in his last 13 appearances
Doucoure - 1 goal in his last 17 appearances
Mcneil - 1 goal in his last 23 appearances

53 appearances between them and 1 goal each. This is 3 of the 4 players picked week in week out who barely offer anything yet still found themselves in the starting 11 last Saturday and will probably do again tomorrow.

Shocking, absolutely shocking.
Old gingerbread tits will pick them all regardless. It’s the experience they possess you see that makes them the first names on his team sheet.

The only thing we have going for us is Spurs are dreadful at set pieces under Ange, it is our bread and butter. Try to win as many fouls up the pitch as possible. N’Diaye has to play, we need someone who can keep hold of the ball and Doucoure can’t, unless he changes the system and has Doucoure in a three man midfield.

Here's one of from left of field. As we have no lightening quick pace on the wings, if we are still in the game with half an hour to go, is it worth putting Dixon on on the wing. I've been watching all the highlights of the reserves/ 21's/23's or whatever we call them at the moment and one thing seems apparent. This kid is very very quick and hits a very good cross. I appreciate playing him at full back would put him under pressure, but, with that pace,the may be worth bringing on around the hour mark against tired legs.
If Lindstrom and Ndiaye can’t get a start, Dixon won’t get a start this season at all.

Really fearful of us in this one. I usually don’t have any thoughts on games against teams who usually finish in the top half as we are no longer competing against teams like Aston Villa, Spurs, Newcastle as they are far too good for us. Our rivals are the bottom three, this is Sean Dyche’s DNA, his only value is to stop a team getting relegated and he eventually fails at that. Tomorrow I wouldn’t be surprised if Spurs scored six, I will be surprised if we get one. I would take a battling 2-0 defeat now. I have lost all belief in Dyche to pick or set up a team to compete against the likes of Spurs, I believe the players have also lost any belief they had in him and they drop their heads as soon as things start going wrong.

Really fearful of us in this one. I usually don’t have any thoughts on games against teams who usually finish in the top half as we are no longer competing against teams like Aston Villa, Spurs, Newcastle as they are far too good for us. Our rivals are the bottom three, this is Sean Dyche’s DNA, his only value is to stop a team getting relegated and he eventually fails at that. Tomorrow I wouldn’t be surprised if Spurs scored six, I will be surprised if we get one. I would take a battling 2-0 defeat now. I have lost all belief in Dyche to pick or set up a team to compete against the likes of Spurs, I believe the players have also lost any belief they had in him and they drop their heads as soon as things start going wrong.
This. Exactamundo.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back