Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
Really fearful of us in this one. I usually don’t have any thoughts on games against teams who usually finish in the top half as we are no longer competing against teams like Aston Villa, Spurs, Newcastle as they are far too good for us. Our rivals are the bottom three, this is Sean Dyche’s DNA, his only value is to stop a team getting relegated and he eventually fails at that. Tomorrow I wouldn’t be surprised if Spurs scored six, I will be surprised if we get one. I would take a battling 2-0 defeat now. I have lost all belief in Dyche to pick or set up a team to compete against the likes of Spurs, I believe the players have also lost any belief they had in him and they drop their heads as soon as things start going wrong.

Not a dig at you at all, it’s sad that people feel this way isn’t it. It should never have gotten to where we are now.

Not a dig at you at all, it’s sad that people feel this way isn’t it. It should never have gotten to where we are now.

This is the point. But also it's reality. Not just this lowering of the standards football wise by Dyche, but the decades are going by. We should be starting a season with optimism we can't dream of titles or just a good start we're literally being conditioned to expect a really slow start under Dyche. Not just not to win games, but to protect a defeat! So a defeat tomorrow won't be so bad it's all in the masterplan.

Three sent off for Suds as ref mixes up red and yellow cards and VAR confirms the decisions...

Picroad

Roman
Toweroffski
0 Brian
MECO

Tim
Gana

Leper
Rawhide
Harrison

DCL

Spuds 0 Everton 5

NSNO
💙

My first memory of being a Evertonian is Jeff Astle scoring in a cup final so I go back some way. I have always mustered a bit of hope, albeit blind hope at times, but this year is the lowest expectation I have ever had. I fully expect us to be relegated, I would except a goal difference lead on the bottom three, with an exit in both cups at the first game come the end of the season. I just cannot see any positives at the moment.

My first memory of being a Evertonian is Jeff Astle scoring in a cup final so I go back some way. I have always mustered a bit of hope, albeit blind hope at times, but this year is the lowest expectation I have ever had. I fully expect us to be relegated, I would except a goal difference lead on the bottom three, with an exit in both cups at the first game come the end of the season. I just cannot see any positives at the moment.

I can’t either but of course we hope to be wrong. I’m tired of the mings on here calling people cry arsss as well, they haven’t got a friggin clue, thick asf. State the club is in and people seem to like mocking those who called this crap out long ago. They are worse than any “moaner” imo.

Harrison - 1 goal in his last 13 appearances
Doucoure - 1 goal in his last 17 appearances
Mcneil - 1 goal in his last 23 appearances

53 appearances between them and 1 goal each. This is 3 of the 4 players picked week in week out who barely offer anything yet still found themselves in the starting 11 last Saturday and will probably do again tomorrow.

Shocking, absolutely shocking.
Worrying, but who are the options that are better in our squad?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back