Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can’t either but of course we hope to be wrong. I’m tired of the mings on here calling people cry arsss as well, they haven’t got a friggin clue, thick asf. State the club is in and people seem to like mocking those who called this crap out long ago. They are worse than any “moaner” imo.
Agreed, I despair at the lack of reality of some people on here. I look at those who thought Onana wasn’t good enough for us, he has gone to a far better side than us, he is playing well for them and he will play European football. We need to wise up, I believe in hope but it needs a modicum of some sort of basis. I can’t see that basis at the moment. Hopefully that will change in some way.

Harrison - 1 goal in his last 13 appearances
Doucoure - 1 goal in his last 17 appearances
Mcneil - 1 goal in his last 23 appearances

53 appearances between them and 1 goal each. This is 3 of the 4 players picked week in week out who barely offer anything yet still found themselves in the starting 11 last Saturday and will probably do again tomorrow.

Shocking, absolutely shocking.
There’s no reason to not make it 4 of 4. Given DCL’s job is primarily scoring his record is also shocking.

Here's one of from left of field. As we have no lightening quick pace on the wings, if we are still in the game with half an hour to go, is it worth putting Dixon on on the wing. I've been watching all the highlights of the reserves/ 21's/23's or whatever we call them at the moment and one thing seems apparent. This kid is very very quick and hits a very good cross. I appreciate playing him at full back would put him under pressure, but, with that pace,the may be worth bringing on around the hour mark against tired legs.
Good idea if you ask me.

Wake me up when it’s over
Might aswel get the cardboard box out and go into hibernation till may

S03E02-CHc8Dqik-thumb.webp

That's all he will be unfortunately, Dycge will put them on the bench Armstrong and Metcalf then once Spurs beat us 3-0 he will say look what I had to work with, while Keane and Holgate mess up again
True, and to be fair, supporters can also get through the next few weeks blaming it on those 2 playing. I’d take some comfort if we at least compete. It should get better. JB and Tarks back. Garner back around to give Tim a break when he inevitably drops off a bit, or to play RB. Ndiaye fed into the team. Tbh I’m not sure why we got Lindstrom as well. Very very tidy player but extremely lightweight and not blisteringly quick. Chermiti has started to show a lot of swagger and has bulked up, Dom situation might not be resolved but at least there will be clarity and we can just crack on etc etc etc etc

Just need to dig really deep for games like this with the current players available and not go nuclear if we get humbled.

Massive credit to those who travel for this one.

Over the past few years, we have lost our best players and we have of course been hit with two separate points deductions.

We must come together as a fanbase and as a club and ensure that our first competitive match in our magnificent stadium is not a lower league match.

True, and to be fair, supporters can also get through the next few weeks blaming it on those 2 playing. I’d take some comfort if we at least compete. It should get better. JB and Tarks back. Garner back around to give Tim a break when he inevitably drops off a bit, or to play RB. Ndiaye fed into the team. Tbh I’m not sure why we got Lindstrom as well. Very very tidy player but extremely lightweight and not blisteringly quick. Chermiti has started to show a lot of swagger and has bulked up, Dom situation might not be resolved but at least there will be clarity and we can just crack on etc etc etc etc

Just need to dig really deep for games like this with the current players available and not go nuclear if we get humbled.

Massive credit to those who travel for this one.
The problem is most of these muppets wouldn't know the meaning of 'dig deep' unless it is into their copious well-filled pockets as they splurge more ridiculous money on themselves.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back