Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don’t see how he can pick Doucs who is awful on the ball, can’t pass and offers nothing in attack over someone who can pass and offers some creativity. Beggars belief.
Work rate. Ndiaye will replace him as the season progresses. Dyche is pragmatic and cautious. Took four games to see Branthwaite last season remember

Not felt good about this game all week. Couple positives that Tarks is fit and Dixon has been given a game. But still can't see a result here.
That Tarkowski positive might prove to be a negative if he is being forced to play through injury. If he's carrying a knock, it might be wiser to rest him for today's expected defeat a la Moshiri.

I don’t see how he can pick Doucs who is awful on the ball, can’t pass and offers nothing in attack over someone who can pass and offers some creativity. Beggars belief.
Probably because he’s looking for Douc’s athleticism off the ball to help disrupt their attacking momentum. I think when he picks him it’s ostensibly for that, second his ability to pop up occasionally with a goal, and last (and least) whatever technical ability he has on the ball

Work rate. Ndiaye will replace him as the season progresses. Dyche is pragmatic and cautious. Took four games to see Branthwaite last season remember
That’s not pragmatism, that’s stubbornness.

If he was any modicum of pragmatic he’d play his best team/players, as that is what pragmatism is, not keep playing favourites when we have better options.

Yep and didn’t set the world on fire against Tranmere. Based on that performance he wasn’t pushing for a start today. Armstrong and Metcalfe our best players on the day.

Only positives for Beto and Lindstrom was mintues
You literally explained the former with the latter.

They weren't playing in the U21s to impress the manager/stake a claim for a start today - they were playing purely for minutes in the legs.

If he was any modicum of pragmatic he’d play his best team/players, as that is what pragmatism is, not keep playing favourites when we have better options.
He’s just too defensively minded as a coach which is why, I would imagine after our gig, he will end up managing upper region of the Championship, and occasionally at a newly promoted team at risk of relegation e.g. taking over the fire fighter mantle from Allardyce

Why does he do this?

Rather than make subtle changes or potential game changing changes or even obvious ones (O'Brien and Ndiaye) he makes one wild change but leaves a lot of the dross in.

I love that Dixon is getting his chance, but if we do get battered, him being the only change means he'll be Dyches scapegoat and in comes Holgate next game
It will be Young.

He is happy with an away 0-0 against Spurs. Happy with 30% prossession. He is not setting out to win the game. Therefore setting his team out to get what he believes to be to most likely positive result.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back