Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
This whole thing stinks of Stamford Bridge in April. If Palmer had just been a bit sharper we'd have been the fall guys in the prem's first ever 10-niller - but maybe today is that day.

At least he’s realised that holgate isn’t an option it seems.

Best of luck to young dico, hope the older lads help him out and to settle in.

The reluctance to blood the new players frustrates me but I kinda get it, but they must get some minutes today.

Just keep working blues, and stay in the game, the spurs defence will offer up chances, we just need to take them.

Have to feel for Dixon being given his debut in this match. Sure he won't be complaining but we are going to get pumped here.
Why holgate most likely be off, we dont kno how long coleman/ paterson out for and young out for another two games. Is a test for the lad to see if we shoulr be after another fb, is a great test for the lad and i am sure did not expect this early. Woukd prefer him playing than holagte
I dont get the logic of playing the same team which was garbage last week( bar Dixon). . At least introduce one of Ndiaye or Lindstrom.
I get it again would have like obrien but understand the rest away from home as he trust the rest esp in midfield defensively

Why does he do this?

Rather than make subtle changes or potential game changing changes or even obvious ones (O'Brien and Ndiaye) he makes one wild change but leaves a lot of the dross in.

I love that Dixon is getting his chance, but if we do get battered, him being the only change means he'll be Dyches scapegoat and in comes Holgate next game

You've answered your own question there. The right back spot is such an issue that a kid had to come in, so on that basis I can see why he's kept the rest the same.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back