Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, and I hate guessing like this, he does choose Stoke, then I reckon them making it clear they've wanted him all summer will be the decider. We are quite quiet about those things so it may seem they are the ones who have been chasing the hardest.

I said this and got told oh no we still might sign him lol

Both spot on lads. Stoke have been chasing him for Ages, knowing Everton, we probably saw his availability and tried to get involved by offering a loan deal with a view to a permanent switch which was probably thought about then binned. The cheap whoppers.

If they are offering him ridiculous good wages and he has no other option other than Inter forcing him out he wouldn't have much choice really. Just a shame we seems like losing out on target like the Ogbonna scenario.
Why would have ogbonna wanted to come sit on our bench? If he was fine being a backup he would've just stayed at juve. More comparable to Payet who got a huge deal from west ham

Both spot on lads. Stoke have been chasing him for Ages, knowing Everton, we probably saw his availability and tried to get involved by offering a loan deal with a view to a permanent switch which was probably thought about then binned. The cheap whoppers.
I prefer our loan to buy. That way we know what we're getting..

Why would have ogbonna wanted to come sit on our bench? If he was fine being a backup he would've just stayed at juve. More comparable to Payet who got a huge deal from west ham

I wouldn't say he comes to sit on the bench. 3 senior CB at a PL club is a must. We have 2 at the moment.

Does it matter that much who comes in as no.10? He's going to play McCarthy and Barry behind them anyway.

I'd happily sign none of the proposed signings, play Conor/Clev there and drop Ross back in next to either Barry, Besic or McCarthy. Preferably one of the latter. (And bring in Austin).

It's the system that's the problem for me.

I wouldn't say he comes to sit on the bench. 3 senior CB at a PL club is a must. We have 2 at the moment.
You have to look at it from the players point of view though not our clubs. If ogbonna had signed with us he wouldn't have played football this weekend as we don't start 3 cbs and he wasn't getting in over stones or jags

You mean like how lennon picked stoke over us? or how lukaku picked wba, come on mate your trying to hard to be so negative
TBF it's hard to be anything else other than negative at the moment isn't it? I'm all for looking at the positives but deary me it's hard going at the moment.

Forget the Shaqiri's and Austin's for a moment, I still find it staggering that we released TWO centre backs in the summer, and have started the season with Jagielka and Stones as the only centre halves at the club barring a couple of kids.

Martinez has stated all summer that an experienced centre back was a priority this summer, as far back as last season ending.

And yet here we are already a game in and one hasn't arrived. Just what the hell is going on??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back