Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF it's hard to be anything else other than negative at the moment isn't it? I'm all for looking at the positives but deary me it's hard going at the moment.

Forget the Shaqiri's and Austin's for a moment, I still find it staggering that we released TWO centre backs in the summer, and have started the season with Jagielka and Stones as the only centre halves at the club barring a couple of kids.

Martinez has stated all summer that an experienced centre back was a priority this summer, as far back as last season ending.

And yet here we are already a game in and one hasn't arrived. Just what the hell is going on??

Fear not. We're readying a bid for Alcaraz.

You have to look at it from the players point of view though not our clubs. If ogbonna had signed with us he wouldn't have played football this weekend as we don't start 3 cbs and he wasn't getting in over stones or jags

Granted. That is true.

But given how bad the CBs were yesterday, he would come in when Everton play Soton...perhaps.

TBF it's hard to be anything else other than negative at the moment isn't it? I'm all for looking at the positives but deary me it's hard going at the moment.

Forget the Shaqiri's and Austin's for a moment, I still find it staggering that we released TWO centre backs in the summer, and have started the season with Jagielka and Stones as the only centre halves at the club barring a couple of kids.

Martinez has stated all summer that an experienced centre back was a priority this summer, as far back as last season ending.

And yet here we are already a game in and one hasn't arrived. Just what the hell is going on??
Without knowing the ins and outs has Martinez identified the players and kenwright/elstone not able to acquire these players or Martinez dithering about, my quess is kenwright/elstone leaving it till the last minute to save on wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back