Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well that's Shaqiri gone. Austin odds on to join Spurs. What are we left with? Oh yes Januzaj and a near 29 year old Nolito. Maybe.

Anyone citing Lukaku deal you have to remember that was a last minute deal - we had nothing up our sleeves that transfer window - and we sure as hell don't have a plan now either.

If we've missed out on Shaqiri it isn't the end of the world, certainly... but it does feel like the end of an era where Everton were a more attractive prospect than Stoke.

We may well bring in some other targets (that Boberto wants more than Shaqiri, even?) and spend some TV dolla'... but can anyone more informed than me explain why we can't afford to buy him outright? I have ideas, none more palatable or concrete than the others.

The obvious one being that we were unwilling to not try him on loan first - an element of not wanting to 'waste' money, maybe, but all the evidence so far points to it being purely financial constraints.

Well that's Shaqiri gone. Austin odds on to join Spurs. What are we left with? Oh yes Januzaj and a near 29 year old Nolito. Maybe.

Anyone citing Lukaku deal you have to remember that was a last minute deal - we had nothing up our sleeves that transfer window - and we sure as hell don't have a plan now either.

To be honest I wouldn't mind Januzaj.. He always talks about being a preferred number 10 and has undoubted talent

If we've missed out on Shaqiri it isn't the end of the world, certainly... but it does feel like the end of an era where Everton were a more attractive prospect than Stoke.

We may well bring in some other targets (that Boberto wants more than Shaqiri, even?) and spend some TV dolla'... but can anyone more informed than me explain why we can't afford to buy him outright? I have ideas, none more palatable or concrete than the others.

The obvious one being that we were unwilling to not try him on loan first - an element of not wanting to 'waste' money, maybe, but all the evidence so far points to it being purely financial constraints.

It would be a disaster to lose Shaqiri.

The deal was done.
Martinez will be fuming if hes been allowed to go.

What an utter joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back