Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if mentioned already cos all I;ve seen are posts about Shakira but Bournemouth are apparently getting Mason Holgate from Barnsley for £1m. Highly rated young right back /centre back. I'd like us to be in for him

I don't know if Shaqiri is/was the answer etc. What I do suspect is that there is no plan. The news about contract extensions for McCarthy and Mirallas is the 'spin' to fuel our fans into some sort of consolation for a pretty inept transfer window thus far. This garbage is peddled out virtually every season. Not even gonna argue as to the annual "where is the money" question. White flag raised by me on Everton's transfer policy and actual 'plan of action' to progress our club. Feel duped into renewing my season ticket for the 37th time!!

Hilarious how there was a fairly optimistic feel 48 hours ago..

The board are really ruining this club, aren't they?

We've spent £4m and are already going for loans instead of buys.. Have we spent our budget already this summer? lol

Tomorrow is going to be interesting seeing as it's likely to be the end of the Shaqiri saga one way or another.

Christ, we really are a bunch of happy sods on here aren't we? Lets face it, if Shaqiri has now decided to go to Stoke after turning them down and blanking them too there has to be a reason he changed his mind. Whatever reason, the underlying factor is money. Wouldn't surprise me if they sweetened his pay a little more for the trouble.
Myself, I cant understand why he wouldn't want to play in the shop window for us for a year and be able to bail for a better team if he played a blinder, rather than be stuck at Stoke for 3-5 years.

A deal with Inter and Shaqiri agreed.

Hes been after him all summer. For 18 months.

Absolute joke

If it was agreed then the change can only be because Stoke offer higher wages / signing on fee. If true and that's the deciding factor for him then he can go there. We pay good wages to our players but shouldn't be held to ransom

Christ, we really are a bunch of happy sods on here aren't we? Lets face it, if Shaqiri has now decided to go to Stoke after turning them down and blanking them too there has to be a reason he changed his mind. Whatever reason, the underlying factor is money. Wouldn't surprise me if they sweetened his pay a little more for the trouble.
Myself, I cant understand why he wouldn't want to play in the shop window for us for a year and be able to bail for a better team if he played a blinder, rather than be stuck at Stoke for 3-5 years.

They finished above us last season, as did Swansea and them along with Palace and West Ham have all strengthened considerably. We are currently no bigger a pull than any of those clubs.

To be honest I wouldn't mind Januzaj.. He always talks about being a preferred number 10 and has undoubted talent

Yeah I'd like him here as well myself, in fact I'd go so far as to say I'd rather him over Shaqiri who's not convinced me and seemingly has an ego problem.

First choice would be an established playmaker of some sort and a forward on loan but if it's a loan playmaker and a bought in forward I'd be content enough, still need a defender mind.

If it was agreed then the change can only be because Stoke offer higher wages / signing on fee. If true and that's the deciding factor for him then he can go there. We pay good wages to our players but shouldn't be held to ransom

Who said anything about wages.

People going awol asif theres a few minutes of the transfer window left and we've got no one? People do know that there's 3 1/2 weeks left of the transfer window?

We will get new players in, I'll put my money on someone who we haven't even been heavily linked with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back