Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very little evidence that playing the loan market actually works anyway. We only have to look at the expensive mistakes of Barry and Lukaku to see how players can down tools when they get handed long term contracts after a loan spell.

Christ, we really are a bunch of happy sods on here aren't we? Lets face it, if Shaqiri has now decided to go to Stoke after turning them down and blanking them too there has to be a reason he changed his mind. Whatever reason, the underlying factor is money. Wouldn't surprise me if they sweetened his pay a little more for the trouble.
Myself, I cant understand why he wouldn't want to play in the shop window for us for a year and be able to bail for a better team if he played a blinder, rather than be stuck at Stoke for 3-5 years.

Id bet my life on him having a release clause in there.

People going awol asif theres a few minutes of the transfer window left and we've got no one? People do know that there's 3 1/2 weeks left of the transfer window?

We will get new players in, I'll put my money on someone who we haven't even been heavily linked with.

If the manager goes for a target and loses him, he then turns to his second option.
By the 5th option you are scraping the barrel a bit. It's like when you were younger and the fit birds all left with blokes like me and you were left to fight over the ten to two tackle!

Very little evidence that playing the loan market actually works anyway. We only have to look at the expensive mistakes of Barry and Lukaku to see how players can down tools when they get handed long term contracts after a loan spell.

Lukaku is the best striker we've had in ten years. Not exactly a mistake. Overpaid for him, probably, but we'll make a profit when selling him.

Realistically, reckon we've been beaten by Stoke because they've offered a perm and we've offered a loan.

Loan is the right way to go too. Wouldn't want us blowing our budget on him.

Not justifying us being beaten by Stoke to him either, just the way I see it.

What an absolute foaming orgy of self hatred this thread is, have any of you every seen a girl naked?

The deal was agreed.
As ever anything can happen in football but all i know first hand is Bobby been after him for ages. To lose him now. To Stoke.

Travesty. He will be raging.

Your just saying the obvious.. Everyone knows bobby looked at him in January and please don't try and tell me you know first hand inside stuff... If you do then please tell me who our other targets are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back