Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our business model is try before you buy? Hmmm we pulled it off for 1 year, think clubs might get a bit wise to that quickly. Also, what message does it send out to the player? He will have 2 or more clubs after him, some who really want him, or Everton with their ground breaking loan before buy deals.

We will get laughed out of town.
Why are you surprised? We have done it for tons of players, we have just missed out on one. If Stoke wanted him on loan, then he would have joined us. Simple

Stoke are weaker now than they were when they ended last season.

Losing there 2 best players in Nzonzi and Begovic and despite being linked with loads of good players like Yarmalenko, Shaqiri, Konopylanka, as things stand now, they've signed nine if them.

It seems Stoke are having a good window due to who they've been linked with, not who they've signed.

Stoke over achieved and are weaker now. We underachieved and are stronger now although we should be stronger again as Bobby is being let down from above.

They have signed Affeley and are about to sign Shaqiri, Bojan to come back in, they aren't fannying around like tramps looking for change down the back of the sofa mate, we are.

Realistically, reckon we've been beaten by Stoke because they've offered a perm and we've offered a loan.

Loan is the right way to go too. Wouldn't want us blowing our budget on him.

Not justifying us being beaten by Stoke to him either, just the way I see it.
Yeah but even if going loan is the 'right' way to go for it, we have not got the player, or any other player for that matter - and we may not get another major international quality player in place. As I said Lukaku was a last minute fluke - we could have ended up with no new striker that night. Is it worth risking that situation because of some theoretical preference towards loans?

I am truly gutted if this is true, because I think he'll be ace.

But either we will be surprised on deadline day, or we will be unsurprised/livid and the board members will get lynched in a giant wicker effigy of Riquelme. So we'll see.

One game in for perspective sakes before you read it as knee jerking.

but two number 10s started today and impressed for their new clubs. One we were allegedly in for the other we were silly not to be . I have no idea who our one will be but at the very least, two that have been bought this summer are at least looking the part on their debuts

They have signed Affeley and are about to sign Shaqiri, Bojan to come back in, they aren't fannying around like tramps looking for change down the back of the sofa mate, we are.

Are they currently weaker than they were last season. Is the completely unproven Affeley better than Nzonzi and Begovic. Does Bojan coming back in a few months strengthen them more than losing there captain, Shawcross for a long time??

Let's be honest, they're currently weaker than last year when they over achieved and we're still only a couple of places above our under achieving, Europe Lge playing side.

Today was just an example of were they're at when what they served up was much worst than the rubbish we produced yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back