Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just willing to wait till the window closes.
Shaqiri or Yarmolenko were the two I wanted. I'm fuming because we're missing out one to Stoke. Yarmolenko going to Spurs I can sort of accept even though we shouldn't.

Quintero is still available but he will cost too much because and that's the other thing.

We now know we either don't have any money and it has to be a loan or at best no more than 12m and not great wages.

Which sort of rules out anyone left who's decent.

I read up on him when it looked like we were interested in a perm. Very lightweight and doesn't know when to release it. He had potential but we won't get the benefit of that. I also wasn't impressed with him in pre-season.

But sure if you want to gamble on him like we did Atsu last year then fair enough.
Del was just much of a gamble. Loaning youth is always a gamble, some pay off some dont

Shaqiri or Yarmolenko were the two I wanted. I'm fuming because we're missing out one to Stoke. Yarmolenko going to Spurs I can sort of accept even though we shouldn't.

Quintero is still available but he will cost too much because and that's the other thing.

We now know we either don't have any money and it has to be a loan or at best no more than 12m and not great wages.

Which sort of rules out anyone left who's decent.

The biggest problem for me is if it turns out we're skint, I just won't be able to accept that.

Reports saying we have offered 13.5mill in matching stokes offer tbh not bothered if we want him we get him all day long be a great signing.
Until it's confirmed I still hold out hope that it's just part of the negotiations in getting bill to open his wallet but if we do lose out it will be a dark day.

Meh, neither would improve the immediate first team, need proven not prospects

And even if we did get them, they'd likely be on loan.

I'm getting a terrible feeling that we're about to miss out on Shaqiri. That'll be four targets we've missed and we'll end the summer signing nobody else apart from a crap loan. Pessimistic, yes, but from what I'm seeing (and knowing this board) it's looking that way.

We are not the laughing stock of the premier league mate, never have been and never will be.

What we are though is a bloody embarrassment and it's not acceptable the absolute crap as fans we've been served up by the players and the crap that's been served up by the board.
It's just embarrassing the way the likes of Swansea, Palace, Stoke, West Ham and now even West Brom are attracting top quality players and are actually spending quite a bit of money. Here we are, after a dreadful season we've signed two players and spent £4m and are now missing out on players we seem to get linked with every week.

Roberto needs to pull something special out the bag, otherwise it's going to be another long season, I just think our decline is sickening.

It's just embarrassing the way the likes of Swansea, Palace, Stoke, West Ham and now even West Brom are attracting top quality players and are actually spending quite a bit of money. Here we are, after a dreadful season we've signed two players and spent £4m and are now missing out on players we seem to get linked with every week.

Roberto needs to pull something special out the bag, otherwise it's going to be another long season, I just think our decline is sickening.

You are correct t mate regarding our decline ( which is a spot on word ) doesn't sit right with me. I'm not arsed about the clubs mentioned if they've bought players we aren't interested in as we may have different targets. The thing that really arses me is being a game in and badly short in certain positions and we seem to be no nearer to getting anyone.

I honestly HONESTLY hope Bobby actually has genuine targets, targets who he's had lined up for months and months and not just since last week because currently it looks like he ain't got a clue who he wants or what he wants or what has been needed throughout the summer.

We did enquire about Mertens - tbh hope we do again as that was my favourite one of the links.

Care to share why?

ee038fddae337e6c27cced14de24000c.jpg

:p

The main reason we have no money is because of the poor performance of the commercial deals Everton sign. Look at Kitbag, Chang, Umbro, corporate seating etc.

We have been under performing in this area for years and nothing has changed. When Man Utd can sign a £750 million deal with Adidas it's basically game over from us ever competing again for the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back