Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that Shaqiri and Deulofeu are very very similar players. I'd rather a better distributor than Shaqiri, but I have to admit, I was pretty far into talking myself into the little Swiss Frankenstein.

Yeah, he might not catch the eye as much (at least on the pitch ;)) compared to Shaqiri or some of the others we have been linked with but think he'd just into the team a lot better.

But guess it would take a decent fee and some smooth talking to get him from Napoli where he seems fairly settled. And we appear a bit short of funds.

Don't think we're looking for a lot of flash per'se, just a couple quality buys that carry a knitting needle...we've got the string.

Shaqiri or Yarmolenko were the two I wanted. I'm fuming because we're missing out one to Stoke. Yarmolenko going to Spurs I can sort of accept even though we shouldn't.

Quintero is still available but he will cost too much because and that's the other thing.

We now know we either don't have any money and it has to be a loan or at best no more than 12m and not great wages.

Which sort of rules out anyone left who's decent.

Can people stop talking about Quintero. We're not in for him and never have been. Not even a jarg rumour.

Mertens would be great, I'll say even better than Shaqiri. I just have zero faith it could happen. Would rather have had Payet than Shaqiri also....

What bothers me is that after losing one player rm wanted (I do think he wanted Payet) we are now about to possibly lose another. And this against clubs that shouldn't have more money and late enough In the transfer period that it can't just be shrugged off by saying "oh well get someone as good or better in."

If the club did not need improving it would be one thing, but it clearly does. If the board doesn't make funds available we will be looking up the table at the likes of Swansea, palace and stoke. I'm not asking for an outlay of 50-75mill. 25 would do.

Sad thing is you can see how this will end, whilst the likes if Cabaye, Shaqiri, Wijnaldum and Payet are snapped up by lesser clubs we'll end up getting lesser players like Januazj/halovic on a cheap loan deal and injury prone evans.

Literally Sunderland/Villa type signings or should I say midtable signings, a place evertonians will get used to being with the deadly duo of Kenwright and Martinez.

Sad thing is you can see how this will end, whilst the likes if Cabaye, Shaqiri, Wijnaldum and Payet are snapped up by lesser clubs we'll end up getting lesser players like Januazj/halovic on a cheap loan deal and injury prone evans.

Literally Sunderland/Villa type signings or should I say midtable signings, a place evertonians will get used to being with the deadly duo of Kenwright and Martinez.
It comes down to the board. Martinez can have targets but if he isn't given money to buy them it doesn't matter.

A good defensive coach and a physio who can advise a manager, who is a qualified physio, how to train a team so as not to rip the he'll out of their hamstrings would be a far better bet than signing some Swiss kid with a long history of falling out with all and sundry.

I think we could get both for half of Shakira wage. At this stage it is more about Bobby realising the reality and dealing with it than signing unproven long shots.

Isn't it just under these circumstances that a chairman should be having a wee word with the manager?

You've been saying all along that you think Martinez has been backed fully and it is just his dithering that has meant we haven't got the signings. Are you as sure now?

Come on Bobby
article-0-001F0D5900000578-153_468x631.jpg

Time to fire up the Quintero!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back