Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to share why?

ee038fddae337e6c27cced14de24000c.jpg

:p
:blush:

You are correct t mate regarding our decline ( which is a spot on word ) doesn't sit right with me. I'm not arsed about the clubs mentioned if they've bought players we aren't interested in as we may have different targets. The thing that really arses me is being a game in and badly short in certain positions and we seem to be no nearer to getting anyone.

I honestly HONESTLY hope Bobby actually has genuine targets, targets who he's had lined up for months and months and not just since last week because currently it looks like he ain't got a clue who he wants or what he wants or what has been needed throughout the summer.
Bobbys got his targets it's the board failing him and us

You are correct t mate regarding our decline ( which is a spot on word ) doesn't sit right with me. I'm not arsed about the clubs mentioned if they've bought players we aren't interested in as we may have different targets. The thing that really arses me is being a game in and badly short in certain positions and we seem to be no nearer to getting anyone.

I honestly HONESTLY hope Bobby actually has genuine targets, targets who he's had lined up for months and months and not just since last week because currently it looks like he ain't got a clue who he wants or what he wants or what has been needed throughout the summer.
Our business should have been done in July tbh mate, to allow them to bed in. I remember an interview with Roberto the end of last season and he mentioned he had his targets lined up, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned more than two. Might have been an interview with the echo.

The main reason we have no money is because of the poor performance of the commercial deals Everton sign. Look at Kitbag, Chang, Umbro, corporate seating etc.

We have been under performing in this area for years and nothing has changed. When Man Utd can sign a £750 million deal with Adidas it's basically game over from us ever competing again for the league.
Yup. Plus bill just is skint compared to the owners at other top half clubs. Southampton and Newcastle even are owned by billionaires. Chelsea and city are were they are due to the excessive amounts spent on them, arsenal and United peaked when the premiere league grew so popular globally which exploded their "brands"

The main reason we have no money is because of the poor performance of the commercial deals Everton sign. Look at Kitbag, Chang, Umbro, corporate seating etc.

We have been under performing in this area for years and nothing has changed. When Man Utd can sign a £750 million deal with Adidas it's basically game over from us ever competing again for the league.
I agree, our commercial performance is a joke, the renewal with Kitbag just baffles me.

Well my older brother bought like two steak pies at halftime £5.70 p where's the pie money going Bill!lol

Our business should have been done in July tbh mate, to allow them to bed in. I remember an interview with Roberto the end of last season and he mentioned he had his targets lined up, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned more than two. Might have been an interview with the echo.
There was an interview in May where he said "we'll get a few in quick and wait til late in the window for others due to the type of player we are looking for" paraphrasing atm but can find the quote in a bit

Don't believe Roberto was super keen on Shaqiri for various reasons...as a loan, sure, but not on a perm. He's been consistent on "the right kind of character" and I don't see Shaqiri filling that bill to take the full plunge on...Mertens, on the other hand...

Yeah, he might not catch the eye as much (at least on the pitch ;)) compared to Shaqiri or some of the others we have been linked with but think he'd just into the team a lot better.

But guess it would take a decent fee and some smooth talking to get him from Napoli where he seems fairly settled. And we appear a bit short of funds.

He said 2 in early ( wasn't lying ) and 2 may be late ( still may not be lying )

We needed/need players in of quality absolutely right now. Too meek and quiet this squad, not enough desire, snide and will to win imo

We still make more money than stoke

Yeah, he might not catch the eye as much (at least on the pitch ;)) compared to Shaqiri or some of the others we have been linked with but think he'd just into the team a lot better.

But guess it would take a decent fee and some smooth talking to get him from Napoli where he seems fairly settled. And we appear a bit short of funds.
If we can't attract Shaqiri we can't attract mertens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back