Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've been saying all along that you think Martinez has been backed fully and it is just his dithering that has meant we haven't got the signings. Are you as sure now?
He could have sold. Ultimately he knew what money he had and if he didn't have enough we have too many players in certain positions.

He also has bid money on CBs. He could have got a loan to cover CB and not a loan for our No 10 who lets face it will be the reason for the success or failure of our season.

There's enough blame to go around if we are left with no one.

He could have sold. Ultimately he knew what money he had and if he didn't have enough we have too many players in certain positions.

He also has bid money on CBs. He could have got a loan to cover CB and not a loan for our No 10 who lets face it will be the reason for the success or failure of our season.

There's enough blame to go around if we are left with no one.
Who would you have sold? And at what price? Reliable sources have put bids this window of 20/26 for Stones and ~5m for Mirallas plus an enquiry for McCarthy that didn't reach numbers stage as far as I have seen reported.

How do you know who we are in for?
Because the rumours for shaqiri and Ogbonna were true and I think Payet also. I also believe the rumours regarding Januzaj and the Barca kids as well as Lennon.

Too many different sources and for too long a time to simply be dismissed.

Feel free to disagree.

Sad thing is you can see how this will end, whilst the likes if Cabaye, Shaqiri, Wijnaldum and Payet are snapped up by lesser clubs we'll end up getting lesser players like Januazj/halovic on a cheap loan deal and injury prone evans.

Literally Sunderland/Villa type signings or should I say midtable signings, a place evertonians will get used to being with the deadly duo of Kenwright and Martinez.

I have been holding my counsel on the madness in this thread, but the paranoia is getting on my nerves. The last great squad we had included a midfield general recovering from a serious injury, a past it centre forward on a downward trajectory, a couple of RS rejects, signings from Burnley, Stoke, Birmingham and Tranmere.

Marquee signings might be a great success, but they aren't the be all and end all. It's more important that the manager has the foresight to see what kind of player will fit in with the team and do a job.

Please stop the aimless bitching and wait and see how everything pans out.

P.S. I personally can't see what the fuss is about with Shaquiri, but if we do sign him I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

McCarthy for 20m. I would play Besic, Barkley or Cleverly in the two midfield positions and we always have Gibson, Barry and Osman.

That's the money for Lennon and Shaqiri without spending a penny.
To Spurs presumably? Our resident Spurs fan wasn't convinced the links were anything more than the Mirror doing their usual stirring.
McCarthy and Mirallas? Seems to be more chatter about McCarthy but I think it seems to be paper talk to me. Maybe a 'plan B' type signing if it happens.
They haven't spent that much either this window, not sure they would have spent the 20m even if he'd been for sale.

Are you high?
What doesn't make sense?

I hope we play Barkley further back so that just leaves 1 position. Frankly I'm not sure McCarthy gets in ahead of Besic or Cleverly.

I really rate McCarthy and I probably would play him ahead of those two but we have an embarrassment of riches in that position.

You've been saying all along that you think Martinez has been backed fully and it is just his dithering that has meant we haven't got the signings. Are you as sure now?

I think he's got some money as we certainly did go after ogbonna but its a disgrace that our budget doesn't seem to be sufficient to bring in the likes of Shaqiri considering the TV cash.

I do agree with the poster that mentioned sales, we as a club are too loyal to players and should be more like Spurs who sell the deadwood and reinvest the money. Martinez done it with Jelavic and Anichebe so why couldn't he have punted the likes of Naismith and mcgeady etc. To go towards the transfer kitty? If we got a playmaker in we would have him and Ross for that position why have a limited player in Naismith around who we probably could have gotten £5-6 million for him based on his goals last season?

Kenwright and the board are a shambles but on the field and his reluctance to wheel and deal Martinez is depressing me just as much tbh.

To Spurs presumably? Our Spurs fan wasn't convinced the links were anything more than the Mirror doing their usual stirring.

They haven't spent that much either this window, not sure they would have spent the 20m even if he'd been for sale.
Even if they weren't true we don't have to wait till a team bids. We can put him on the market. We might not get as good a price but we could still free up enough funds to get Shaqiri or another No10.

I want the board to back Martinez too but I hold them all to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back